Move to High Court - I'm ****ting myself!

dixie dean
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received a letter through the post this morning saying my mates case has been moved to the High Court! It gives a court date of the 7th Feb and says is transferred to the High Court, Queen's Bench Division (Mercantile Court), although it says they will remain in and be dealt with by the Leeds District Registry.

There is a large list of cases, all of the same nature, that have been transferred - any ideas what's going on? By the way, I'm now ****ting myself!

Any help massively appreciated.

Just to set the scene, we had reached the stage of court allocation questionaire, which did not have to be returned till about the 16th of Feb and I had just sent their solicitors the further information they had requested (full schedule of charges, which specific parts of common law and the UCTA 1977 we were relying on and a few other bits and bobs). The claim is for just under £5k plus about £2k of interest. The letter from the court also says "The judge has asked me to point out that amongst the directions that may be given or considered is the allocation of the cases to the multi-track (in accordance with CPR 59) but also it may be appropriate to consider orders for consolidation and directions aimed at selecting which is the most appropriate lead, sample or test case (please, dear god let it not be mine). Consideration may also be given to whether is is appropriate to treat this as Group Litigation to which the provisions of CPR Part 19 apply".

Is this the banks finally trying to win this? Or is it the court getting ****ed off with hundreds of cases and wanting to end it? There is a list of 79 cases (although many of these are marked as settled)and it says "In view of the number of cases involved a half day has been allocated". Does this mean we are all being seen together or will have a few minutes to state our case very simply?

Aaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cheers in advance for any help

Sounds ominous, if no one out there can help then it may be worth sending a PM to one of the mods.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.