Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    dixie dean Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Move to High Court - I'm ****ting myself!

Just received a lettericon through the post this morning saying my mates case has been moved to the High Court! It gives a court date of the 7th Feb and says is transferred to the High Court, Queen's Bench Division (Mercantile Court), although it says they will remain in and be dealt with by the Leeds District Registry.
    There is a large list of cases, all of the same nature, that have been transferred - any ideas what's going on? By the way, I'm now ****ting myself!

Any help massively appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder
    dixie dean Novitiate

Default Re: Move to High Court - I'm ****ting myself!

Just to set the scene, we had reached the stage of court allocation questionaire, which did not have to be returned till about the 16th of Feb and I had just sent their solicitors the further information they had requested (full schedule of charges, which specific parts of common law and the UCTA 1977 we were relying on and a few other bits and bobs). The claim is for just under 5k plus about 2k of interest. The letter from the court also says "The judge has asked me to point out that amongst the directions that may be given or considered is the allocation of the cases to the multi-track (in accordance with CPR 59) but also it may be appropriate to consider orders for consolidation and directions aimed at selecting which is the most appropriate lead, sample or test case (please, dear god let it not be mine). Consideration may also be given to whether is is appropriate to treat this as Group Litigation to which the provisions of CPR Part 19 apply".
    Is this the banks finally trying to win this? Or is it the court getting ****ed off with hundreds of cases and wanting to end it? There is a list of 79 cases (although many of these are marked as settled)and it says "In view of the number of cases involved a half day has been allocated". Does this mean we are all being seen together or will have a few minutes to state our case very simply?
    Aaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh

Cheers in advance for any help

Basic Account Holder
    cool and the gang Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2006

Hi what happened next? I have just received a Order to move my case to the High Court. What do I do now? I have not received a date yet.

thanks

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Sounds ominous, if no one out there can help then it may be worth sending a PM to one of the mods.

Gold Account Holder Bigmac versus Authoritative Bigmac versus Authoritative Bigmac versus Authoritative Bigmac versus Authoritative Bigmac versus Authoritative Bigmac versus Authoritative Bigmac versus Authoritative Bigmac versus Authoritative Bigmac versus Authoritative

Dont panic this is good news it basically to have them all heard together and clear up the wait.
    Has happened before.

Basic Account Holder
    dixie dean Novitiate

There is a thread about all the cases that have been moved that is really helpful...check it out.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details