• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

No.2 son v. The Woolwich

Guest BlueRuby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest BlueRuby

Sent the DPA letter on behalf of younger son on 11th April. The letter was signed for a couple of days later but since then I have heard absolutely nothing - not even an acknowledgment. Ah well!

Hi Welcome..

Maybe worth aa follow up phone call, to see if they received.. can quite often be more productive than actually waaiting out the 40 days..

rather - get your son to chase them!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Hi Welcome..

Maybe worth aa follow up phone call, to see if they received.. can quite often be more productive than actually waaiting out the 40 days..

rather - get your son to chase them!

Yes, I agree with Don Quioxte, get your son to chase them up!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlueRuby

Whilst appreciating the Don's (and Mum's) good advice, I decided to wait out the 40 days. I received nothing, not a thing, not even a compliment slip! So on 30th May I sent Dave's template 3 (I think):

"You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated 11th April 2006.

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice."

Imagine my surprise when this morning a large envelope turns up with all no.2 son's statements as requested - no accompanying letter or compliment slip though!! Must just have been a coincidence :lol: :lol:

Guest BlueRuby

Preliminary letter going off tomorrow! I'm being really good and giving them another 14 days even though they exceeded the 40 DPA days by a country mile.:p

Guest BlueRuby

Received 2 letters on 10th June, one from Michele Wallis dated 8th June referring to my letter of 25th May (LBA re DPA non-compliance) and promising to resolve the matter by 05/07/06. The other from Lynn Worrell refers to their letter of 8th June, encloses a list of charges and says my letter & the list of charges has been sent to Head Office and I will hear from them shortly. This list of charges is headed

quote: 1919 No more charges for this a/c (not true)

consolidated charge enquiry screen

Then follows a list of 10 charges incl. interest dated between 30/06/03 and 18/12/03 only, then exactly the same list repeated!!!

So they haven't so far replied to the prelim. letter of 5th June shown as received on 7th June. They have until 21st June before another LBA goes out.

Guest BlueRuby

Yet another letter this morning, this time from Mike Brophy at Barclays and referring to my letter of 5th June. Apparently my comments are receiving attention and one of his team will contact me shortly.:rolleyes:

Sorry where exactly are we with this?

You chose to wait the 40 days. They have breached DPA - you sent 7 day LBA regarding non-compliance. They remain in breach. They have replied with a standard FSA requirement letter saying they will get back to you with regards the DPA complaint within 4 weeks?!?

You have received only 6months of charges so far? How many statements ahve you requested - how many months/years are you expecting?

You have sent a prelim letter - but based on what amount? Just the six months figures?

You seem to have entered into correspondance with numerous individuals (which does not help matters from your perspective). Sorry I just need some clarification before I can offer more succinct advice...

Guest BlueRuby

Sorry to have confused you! However, I did say in my post #5

Imagine my surprise when this morning a large envelope turns up with all no.2 son's statements as requested - no accompanying letter or compliment slip though!! Must just have been a coincidence

This was presumably in response to my LBA about DPA non-compliance. The three letters I mentioned in my most recent posts were all unsolicited so-to-speak. I have only ever addressed my letters to The Woolwich not to any particular person. And I mentioned the 6 months worth of charges enclosed because it seemed strange when I had already received all the statements on my son's account.

This is the timeline:

11/4 I sent DPA letter

30/5 I sent DPA non-compliance letter

01/6 Statements arrive.

05/6 I sent preliminary letter - charges based on statements rec'd 01/6

10/6 Michele Wallis (Woolwich) writes referring to letter of 30/5

10/6 Lynn Worrell (Woolwich) writes referring to MW's letter!

13/6 Mike Brophy (Barclays) writes referring to prelim. letter of 05/6

Confused? You will be! :???:

They have till 21/6 to refund. If not I then send the LBA.

Right so 21 June (though I calculate 19 June if you sent prelim on 05/06) send LBA direct to Mike Brophy.

Sounds like it is all under control:cool:

Guest BlueRuby
Sounds like it is all under control:cool:

Fingers crossed although with the Woolwich you can never be too sure!

I said 21st June because they received the prelim. letter on 7th June but they have had plenty of extra time already so maybe I should just go for the 19th.:-| I'll certainly send the LBA to Mike Brophy as you advise. Many thanks.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

All my correspondence was sent to Mike Brophy. I was never told to deal with anone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I don;t suppose you have an email addy for Mike Brophy do you...Only its time up on my LBA but the royal mail cant give me proof of delivery (even though I paid for receorded) and I'm thinking I might email to ask if it's been received, bet they'll say no!!

Thanks and hows it going with your claim??

Debbie x

I wouldn't bother trying to speak to mike brophy, i have tried seeing if letters have been received etc and they dont bother answering your calls or your e-mails

Stick to your dates and the only way to get a reply from them is to start proceedings

Good Luck

Guest BlueRuby
Hello,

I don;t suppose you have an email addy for Mike Brophy do you...Only its time up on my LBA but the royal mail cant give me proof of delivery (even though I paid for receorded) and I'm thinking I might email to ask if it's been received, bet they'll say no!!

Thanks and hows it going with your claim??

Debbie x

I agree with 8835 - just assume they've received it, I'm sure they have. Stick to your dates and go ahead with the Moneyclaim.

I'm just about to file a claim!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks