• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

any more opinions on this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

January RBS overdarft of £1100 now ( and no doubt rising ) Bank charges are £900 of this! If I put money in it just gets soaked up. They stitched me up last year once also. Do I just stop using it? I can open another account with other bank I use. What will RBs do if I stop using the account? Do I say it is in litigation?

I'm about to write SAR letter to Customer relation manager in Edinburgh (freepost po box address ) Is this the best place to write?

I'm based in Essex.

I would move to the other account, however the bank will not stop issuing charges even if the account is in dispute....but you can just claim them all back later.

It's likely that if you stop paying in to the account they will very quickly cotton on and then its off to credit management....it now depends on your personality to be able to fend them off.

By the way....how many threads relating to this have you got going?

Hello hydra,

I'm still learning about these threads, I think I may have one other that I started a week or so ago. I usually post a new message when asking a question. I that right way or... ?

Ive spoken to about 4 people at bank in last week , all of them seem to be oblivious to the other!

Last guy was yesterday who suggested I take a loan out to cover overdraft. Just giving them more money it seems. Wrote a letter to manager last weekend asking for cooperation, still waiting for official answer

Hey beardy, if £900s of this is charges, I wouldn't even bother seeking help. All the branch will be after is more of you money (in the shape of a consolidation loan). Stop using the account, start a claim and get the overdraft cleared by RBS.

If you're not sure how, start with the step by step & user guides in the FAQs section.

As for asking questions, best to keep it all in one thread so ppl can see your progress!!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

To keep my thread going do I send through this reply box?

Yes! ;)

I'm getting conflicting suggestions as to which address to ask for my SARs from RBS. I'm based in Essex. Is the Tom Mclean one the best?

I sent mine to the customer relations address from the contact us page of the RBS site, don't think it makes much of a difference with the first one. Just reply to whoever writes to you from then on. Makes sure everything goes recorded too!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi there people,

Ive got a couple of other accounts set up now. Also recieved my pretty consumer action group stickers, thank you very much for them.

My SAR letter goes off tomorrow ( recorded ).

Why are we always so worried with first bite!

Anyway here goes, wish me well people. Encouragement always appreciated.

By the way I've already been totally misquoted by staff at bank when i sent letter to manager, so that has to be replied to also.

I suggest that everyone takes names and dates when speaking to staff. They may be human but they do work for banks!!

Hi there,

Any suggestion for this.

SAR Letter went off today but also got polite letter from the glasgow RBS collection office asking about my overdraft.

I was replying today to my local branch asking to stop d\d's and standing orders till further notice.

Should I tell them I am claiming or let them find out themselves?:confused:

Hi there,

Any suggestion for this.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter went off today but also got polite letter from the glasgow RBS collection office asking about my overdraft.

I was replying today to my local branch asking to stop d\d's and standing orders till further notice.

Should I tell them I am claiming or let them find out themselves?

Any opinions please.

Just got a second auomated letted form RBS Collection centre in Glasgow claiming that they have been trying to contact me over last few days. Oddly enough we have had no calls whatsoever left on answerphone nor any of household taking messages. Methinks they are fibbing otherwise surely they would leave a message like my local branch always does.

Letter says this problem must be dealt with withing next seven days. They also suggest that cheque books and cards should be returned!

I am going to hand deliver a letter to ' friendly services manager' at local branch saying that account is now in dispute about charges and awaiting info from their head office.

Will also do same to Collection centre and ask them not to send any more automated letters.

Ive already stopped all standing orders & d/ds.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Re:Another automated letter received

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any opinions please.

Just got a second auomated letted form RBS Collection centre in Glasgow claiming that they have been trying to contact me over last few days. Oddly enough we have had no calls whatsoever left on answerphone nor any of household taking messages. Methinks they are fibbing otherwise surely they would leave a message like my local branch always does.

Letter says this problem must be dealt with withing next seven days. They also suggest that cheque books and cards should be returned!

I am going to hand deliver a letter to ' friendly services manager' at local branch saying that account is now in dispute about charges and awaiting info from their head office.

Will also do same to Collection centre and ask them not to send any more automated letters.

Ive already stopped all standing orders & d/ds.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I received a couple of automated letters from bank collection asking for cheques and cards to be returned etc. Obviuosly got a bit worried so phoned them up and told them I was in dispute about charges.

The very nice lady said , oh dont worry about it, we will freeze any more letters and action until end of March. By then she said my charges should have been sorted and repaid and back on track ( i havent got to second phase yet!). She was well aware of situation and said that hundreds were doing it.

So to others on here, dont get frightened by letters, phone them up , write to them and hopefully things will happen.

Hello people,

Opinions please.

I had a phone call on a Sunday morning today from Nottingham Collections office asking about my overdaft problem. This was after already speaking to two other staff earlier in week who confirmed that because I was in dispute with them at head office they will not be pestering me until the end of March.

This particular person on Sunday ( today ) was suggesting that they extend my current overdraft temporarily for 9 months so long as I pay back £xxx per month until it is paid up. At present I have cancelled all dds and standing orders with them and will not use their services until this has all been resolved. They still will be charging me £28 month ( gold account ) for just having it sitting there. Should I take up this offer you think? As a delaying action?

She also blamed me politely for the charges because I didnt have sufficient funds at time ( which is true ) but I just said it was the extortinate cost of charges that put me in the position once I went over.

Its only been 10 days since I requested past charges ( SAR), how long do they usually take?

Hello people,

Opinions please.

I had a phone call on a Sunday morning today from Nottingham Collections office asking about my overdaft problem. This was after already speaking to two other staff earlier in week who confirmed that because I was in dispute with them at head office they will not be pestering me until the end of March.

This particular person on Sunday ( today ) was suggesting that they extend my current overdraft temporarily for 9 months so long as I pay back £xxx per month until it is paid up. At present I have cancelled all dds and standing orders with them and will not use their services until this has all been resolved. They still will be charging me £28 month ( gold account ) for just having it sitting there. Should I take up this offer you think? As a delaying action?

She also blamed me politely for the charges because I didnt have sufficient funds at time ( which is true ) but I just said it was the extortinate cost of charges that put me in the position once I went over.

What is it with all the double posts lol!?!?

I'd be very cautious about accepting an extended overdraft. If you are short of money, due to charges, why don't you open a new account elsewhere and have your money paid in to their instead until you get your claim sorted out?

Got my letter from Sandy Watt today ( I sent request 6th Feb ) saying that duplicate statements on the way shortly. Seems to be a standard letter. Says I should only list following for consideration:

unpaid fees

paid referral fees

card misuse ( Guaranteed cheque fees )

unarranged borrowing fees

Is this the norm?

I'm a little worried about sorting out the charges to claim, they always baffle me on my statements! But i will persevere ( and ask questions haha ). To anyone who is helping, it is all appreciated.

I do still have trouble finding my thread when I come on here, wheres the first place to look?

Got my letter from Sandy Watt today ( I sent request 6th Feb ) saying that duplicate statements on the way shortly. Seems to be a standard letter. Says I should only list following for consideration:

unpaid fees

paid referral fees

card misuse ( Guaranteed cheque fees )

unarranged borrowing fees

Is this the norm?

I'm a little worried about sorting out the charges to claim, they always baffle me on my statements! But i will persevere ( and ask questions haha ). To anyone who is helping, it is all appreciated.

I do still have trouble finding my thread when I come on here, wheres the first place to look?

You should get an email to your personal email address whenever someone replies to this thread.

Click on the link in the email.

Request for statements sent 1/2/07

Statements received 10/02/07

Prelim emailed and posted 15/02/07

Prelim email received 15/02/2007

Prelim letter signed for 16/02/2007

Hey beardy.

Top left heading is called "USER CP". CP being Control Panel. Here you can see a list of your subscribed threads that have responses on. You can then link straight to your thread.

HTH

Statements arrived in the post this weekend. As expected a little confusion from me. I knew this would be the awkward part.

What interest do I charge in the pre - lim letter, if any? I'm a little confused about this.

Forgive me if i am getting it wrong but I read somewhere that interest is not claimed unless going to court?

On my statements each month ( apart from other charges ) I have an interest charge for a different amount each time and immediately under this another charge i.e

INT TO 31XXXX A/C xxxxxxxx 20.17

CHG TO 31XXXX A/C XXXXXXXX 40.00

I've noticed that this only appears on 'supposed' overdraft months so is the £40 interest also? Does it go on charges list or interest list?

Beardy, in my signature is a post about RBS charges, read through that to guide you through your spreadsheets.

As for interest, you can only apply the 8% interest when you file your claim. I suggest if you asking questions like that that you read through the step by step guide in the FAQ forum.

You SHOULD have a fairly good idea of what you are doing, not just bitpart from asking the odd question. You after all taking on a quite large company....