• Tweets

• Hi dx It's with Step Change. Yes that is the balance outstanding plus interest.
    • Hi All, I don't want to keep asking unnecessary and daft questions but as I read up on on stuff to prepare my defence and tthink about my witness statement, I am perusing the following: The BPA Code of practice states under 13. Consideration and Grace Periods: 13.1 The driver must have the chance to consider the Terms and Conditions before entering into the ‘parking contract’ with you. If, having had that opportunity, the driver decides not to park but chooses to leave the car park, you must provide them with a reasonable consideration period to leave, before the driver can be bound by your parking contract. The amount of time in these instances will vary dependant on site size and type but it must be a minimum of 5 minutes. 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place.   Let's say a motorist spends a minimum of 5 minutes to decide, then decides to park, that 5 minutes now doesn't apply? That doesn't make sense to me. So now that a motorist has parked after consideration, thus commencing the parking period, the decision time doesn't apply and parking time commenced when? .... on entry to the car park? This, as far as I can see is not stated in the [Withdrawn] Government document which says: The Code also makes clear that the consideration period ends at the point when the driver has parked and is therefore considered to have accepted the terms and conditions, which could be within the five-minute allowance. Doesn't say anything about it not applying if a parking event takes place.   [Withdrawn] Private Parking Code of Practice: explanatory document – how was it developed and what will it change? - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK So, according to the BPA, if a motorist inadvertently overstayed by 12 minutes for example, they have the 10 minute grace period but because they decided to park, they don't have the 5 minute consideration period because they decided to park and have overstayed by 2 minutes? Sorry if there's something I'm missing here.  
    • there are several threads here already whereby the judge in such cases only made an order to pay the required sum, the registering of a criminal record is at their discretion or not. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mint charges **won** now PPI time

TINK660
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This seems to be getting easier and easier - perhaps the banks and credit card companies are getting the message that they have to cough up in the end so they may as well do it sooner rather then later.

Sent SAR in December - statements received approx 3 weeks later. Sent prelim - received offer for charges minus the £12 OFT figure - rejected and sent LBA - FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED TODAY!!

No conditions, nothing.

Approx 6 weeks from start to finish (only wish I'd added compound contractual interest to this one but hey ho - bring on the next one)

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Congratulations Tink!

I have started my claim with Mint, unfortunately I have not had copies of my statements. I sent the SAR to their Southend-on-sea address.

Is this the correct one?

Please help

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Tink, they're really digging their heels in on my hubby's account (£980) so it looks as if we're gonna have to go through the Courts...oh well it'll cost 'em more now!!

Enjoy your victory.

Villafan;) :oops:

We haven't claimed interest...that's how much they've charged for paying late (mostly only 1 or 2 days late! it was a bad time in my life & I wasn't on top of things) & going over a £400 card limit. Ironically it was their first late payment charge that took him over the limit but now they'll have 8% interest on top + court fee.....it doesn't make sense does it!!! Perhaps they think we'll go away but we won't, we'll just fight on!

Villafan :oops::rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

We have statements for my hubbys Mint card (it was then RBS) going back to 1999. The card included ppi until april 2001 when I presume we cancelled it (cant remember but it is not included on any statements after that date)

We are reclaiming ppi due to my hubby being self employed and wrote to ask for it back. It took them a long time to come up with their results of their investigation but when they did the letter informed us that as he didnt request ppi when taking out the card and no ppi payments were ever taken he was therefore not due a refund as there was nothing to refund!

I think they have shot themselves in the foot here dont you!

Have just faxed through all the statements including PPI - lets see what their reply will be now!

Tink

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

If you have the statements showing PPI then as per your first post I believe they have shot themselves in more than a foot :D

I would not like to name the part of the anatomy but I believe it could be halfway between the foot and the head :D

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

lol alanalana, I am really looking forward to the reply to this one!

Im busy calculating cci and 8% on it, when Ive finished I'll fax them the figures (to aid them in their calculations)

Tink

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Good luck on this one Tink keep at them at every opportunity. Be polite but give them some of their own treatment back. :D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I will Alanalana - thanks

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Well, I've received a letter back saying that in view of the information I have provided (statements going back to 1996 with ppi payments clearly shown) they have re-opened my file.

Then, "under normal circumstances we would anticipate completing our investigations with 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, however due to the information from our records and the information you have supplied I am unable to complete the investigation within this timescale". what a surprise!

So they are continuing the gather information so that they can send me a full reply and if I am not happy I can take my concerns to the FOS.

No apology then for blatantly lying in the first letter, saying that I never requested ppi when I took out the card, therefore no ppi payments were made and so no refund is due.

I dont want to go the the FOS yet on this one as I will wait forever but I do want them to hurry up, getting very impatient as I now have a few claims on the go and they seem to be taking forever.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

• 3 weeks later...

I think a complaint to the FOS may just concentrate their efforts ;)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Well, I shouldn't have really been surprised at their reply.

This is basically it:-

We cannot investigate your complaint any further as it goes back further than 1999 and you should have bought it to our attention a long time ago - it is unreasonable of me to now raise my concerns apparently!! They go on to say that "in their opinion they dont think the FOS would take up this issue as it is before 1999 and because I have taken too long to complain - what rubbish that is considering we have had 2 claims upheld by the FOS for loans sold by RBS from 1995!

It is just delaying tactics as far as I can see - if they think I'm going to say "oh ok I give up then" they can think again.

I have written to them pointing out that I have spoken to the FOS who are more than willing to take this on for me, also pointed out that they told me that I never had ppi and never asked for it in the first place (proved them wrong by faxing statements clearly showing ppi added every month! I added that they should reopen their investigation as it is a clear case of mis-selling and if the FOS are involved they will impose a financial penalty on them as the lender and it will go on their record. I have given them 7 days to respond to my satisfaction or I will then go to the FOS.

I'm fed up with these idiots - how do they manage to come up with such b-------t!

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Ok, note to self really that 7 days is up on Friday 18 Sept - will fill out FOS form on that day and send!

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Well, I shouldn't have really been surprised at their reply.

This is basically it:-

We cannot investigate your complaint any further as it goes back further than 1999 and you should have bought it to our attention a long time ago - it is unreasonable of me to now raise my concerns apparently!! They go on to say that "in their opinion they dont think the FOS would take up this issue as it is before 1999 and because I have taken too long to complain - what rubbish that is considering we have had 2 claims upheld by the FOS for loans sold by RBS from 1995!

It is just delaying tactics as far as I can see - if they think I'm going to say "oh ok I give up then" they can think again.

I have written to them pointing out that I have spoken to the FOS who are more than willing to take this on for me, also pointed out that they told me that I never had ppi and never asked for it in the first place (proved them wrong by faxing statements clearly showing ppi added every month! I added that they should reopen their investigation as it is a clear case of mis-selling and if the FOS are involved they will impose a financial penalty on them as the lender and it will go on their record. I have given them 7 days to respond to my satisfaction or I will then go to the FOS.

I'm fed up with these idiots - how do they manage to come up with such b-------t!

And if this is not a fighting spirit then what else???

Keep at them do not accept what they tell you the banks are just issuing the said b------t to put you off reclaiming they are even saying in some cases the FOS will not look at the claim. If you get that sort of response send a copy to the FOS they do not like to be told by banks what they can and cannot do :eek:

A lot of claimants are accepting what the banks are telling them I would advise in every single case to proceed with a claim to the Financial Ombudsman Service and if that is not successful then off to Court we go. Sadly you cannot do it the other way around so if you go to Court and lose that is that.

Why is it Mint cannot go back before 1999 and yet I had success via the FOS back to 1997.

Cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another if they state they have no records beyond 1999 ask them for the full details recording the destruction of the information duly certified by a registered Data Protection Officer and ask for full certification of the said destruction in line with the Civil Evidence Act 1995 which they should comply with on the destruction of Data.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Ok, no reply within 7 days so filling out FOS form online and in post first thing Monday morning.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Still no reply from RBS - form now sent to FOS - awaiting acknowledgement.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Keep at them you could be in for a busy autumn and winter but I will try and keep up with your threads. Just PM if you get stuck and if I can help or advise I will :)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 4 weeks later...

FOS have acknowledged receipt and are going to be asking RBS for more information however the usual it may be a while before an adjudicator is free to look at your complaint.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

You are on the way it is just the timescales now but FOS are upholding 90% of PPI claims so you should hopefully be in for a positive result :D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from