• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Handmedown vs Natwest**WON round 1**

Handmedown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

Have finally plucked up the courage to ask Natwest politely for my charges back and got the most wonderful standard letter from, guess who, Steve Higley saying "thank you for your letter and we are currently considering your claim" meaning he is deciding whether to give it to Cobblers or not as I have asked for £4982 back and I intend to go all the way so any help I can get from you guys would help enormously. I have been reading as many of the threads as I can and hopefully with the templates library should be able to muddle through most of it. If this claim is successful I have more to claim for ha ha. We have all taken enough .... from the banks I think. Have sent letter with list of charges as per the spreadsheet without the 8% and just need to wait until a week Monday to send LBA if no further response received, is this the right thing to do? Just checking.

Great Site, donation upon success promised.

Handmedown (that's all I can afford after these sort of charges lol) :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nattie,

Just might need more help as all the legal jargon confuses me a bit although still reading and using the template library, bit scary Cobblers but I suppose I gotta do, what I gotta do. Can't believe I am taking on a huge conglomerate like Natwest.

I know this is purely background but what really annoys me is the fact that because my husband had a business account which we are not messing with at the moment as they have forced us to take out a loan to pay the £1000 o/d off and closed the account as the business died. All the time we phoned re difficulties we were told we had to speak to the business manager, when we couldn't get hold of her, we got the business support team, which then passed us to telephone banking who passed us to the loan department to get our current account out of trouble or talk to someone who then informed us that the only person who could advise us was the business manager who when we got hold of her threw her hands in the air and said "I don't know what the answer is" lol good way of earning more money. Then they just kept lumping charges on both accounts, mainly the current joint.

But thanks for the support from everyone.

J.

It might be worth checking out this stickie by NATTIE, he's the expert, should help to shed some light, failing that pm NATTIE direct, I'm sure he'll be happy to respond.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/27521-advantage-gold-unarranged-borrowing.html

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Just as a footnote we have an advantage gold account, why I don't know, and what advantages I don't know, but don't know how to change it on my status.

J.

I had an ADGOLD account, and to change it back to a normal current account, I wrote to my branch, they then sent an account conversion form to sign. Hope this helps.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 02/01/07

Statements received - 15/01/07

Prelim sent - 24/01/07

LBA sent - 15/02/07

Claim filed in court - 20/03/07

Court date received for 26th June - 01/06/07

Received offer for full & final settlement from Cobbetts - 22/06/07:D :D

Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 26/06/07

Statements received - 03/07/07

Prelim letter sent - 17/07/07

Letter received - 07/08/07 - WON!!:grin:

Hameddown- if you really want me to list all the benefits of advantage gold i will if you really want to know. The best ones, are the Advantage Gold Travel, Travel Insurance Policy, Commission Free Currency(ok post office do this one) and Mobile Phone insurance all inclusive in the package. There are approximately 20 or so benefits but only IF YOU USE THEM. I like it but as staff I don't pay for it.

No need I get the message, I don't think we use any of the services, don't go on holiday so that's not needed, we only use Natwest Buildings and Contents insurance. I think I will leave well alone for the moment. Thanks for all your help.

J.

If you're not using any of the benefits from the service then why pay the 14 quid a month for it?? I cancelled mine by quite simply going into the branch and stating I no longer required it. it was quite amusing however when a couple of weeks after I again went into the branch and the Clerk asked me if I'd like to upgrade my account as I only had a standard Current Acc and that I could reap the benifits by upgrading to an Adv Gold, just goes to show they don't really read through the system!!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Thanks Deller, having spent the day reading, got receptionist job at moment, no bosses, all quiet, good excuse to catch up on reading. Will do that with the account, change it as we don't use facilities. Having read more am I claiming too much for small claims as it is £4982 without interest, all that will be added is the 8% when it goes to court or am I being simple about this ? I have more charges but was going for second claim afterwards, as do not want to go fast track as it seems to be anything but FAST !!

Also if I have a grievance with Natwest that because we had problems I constantly tried to talk to them and they fobbed me off as explained in post no. 3 do I bring that into the evidence as a point that I have constantly tried to communicate with them only to be fobbed off ? If you or anyone out there can help as I am due to put in my LBA a week Monday

Thanks J.

just to be pickie with dellar- how come you paid £14 for advantage gold? it is £12. the reason you pay is for the services you would not pay otherwise. As I said it is a good account IF you use the benefits. Also, when you downgrade it expect the standard dialogue, "basic account upgrade it".

you can take common grievances up via customer relations unit and then further through the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Thanks Nattie, I think originally when we opened the business accoumt they persuaded us that adgold would be better for us, hoping to sell us more services. Having been down this route before with Lloyds didn't fall for it a second time. To be truthful when working out the charges on the account I didn't actually work out the adgold charge and deduct it I just entered on the spreadsheet anything that said "charges", maybe dun it wrong will have to check.

Jay

Well spotted Nattie, I did mean 12 quid, typing error. :D

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 1 month later...

Hi people, I know I haven't posted for a while but waiting for Natwest. Should have put into court last Friday but didn't and surprise, surprise letter flopped on the doormate today usual bumff about how their charges are clear and transparent along with relevant booklets. I have yet to discover how they can say they are transparent, mud like is closer the truth. Anyway to cut to the chase they have made me an offer of £4683 against my claim of £4982 I am now of two minds about taking it.

They have also made the request to sign the release in "Full and Final Settlement", which doesn't really give me the option to claim for the last 12 months I don't think. Also they have said if I do not accept their charges then they will have to reconsider the banking facilities they offer me. I know I have read threads about this but can't find them.

Is there anyone outthere that can help, I know the end decision is mine.

HELP !!

Jay

Handmedown,

Nat West are absolutely outrageous in the way they settle. Don't be intimidated. " The full and final settlement " will be for your present claim only. Accept the £4683 in

partial settlement. Have a look at these; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html As far as changing your bank facilities. Beat them to it and change banks yourself. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks Parkvale, this is a joint account and my husband was over the moon about the offer, I feel a little agreived as I didn't even charge them interest on the money from 5 years ago I just asked for plain and simple charges. As it is I have another 12 monthes worth to claim for and as you will see earlier in my thread we also had a business account, with overdraft that they have forced literally to take a loan out to pay off. Do you know if I can claim the last 12 monthes if I get full settlement ?

Jay

Hi Parkvale just looked at the link, thanks very much, very useful, also meant to say in my last post do have an account from years ago with Lloyds which has a small overdraft amount owing but have been told if we pay it then the account will go back to branch and normal service will be resummed.

Thanks again

Jay

Handmedown,

I have 4 claims against Nat West totally over £25k. One settled, three running at present. So you should have no trouble claiming for the last 12 months. Mine was a business account , and also forced to take out aloan instead of overdraft.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Nice one about the lloyds parachute account. sport-smiley-001.gif

Hi Parkvale, yeah thought it might be a good idea to keep Lloyds in tow due to Natwest Grievances, because of business account no one would talk to us on normal Natwest phone lines just kept telling us to speak to business manager, who was young, inexperienced and when rung was not available, (think they put telephone in cupboard), no answer, so then went to business support team who passed us to telephone banking, who surprise, surprise passed us to a loan team to pay off the overdraft, then when they found out we had a business account said we have to speak to our business manager. After a lot of shouting and screaming we have been passed to a Manchester based team who have been charging us £40 per month on both accounts for looking after them. Get the picture. With that and any bank charges it has mounted up quite a bit in the last year. Its a shame you have to pay so much, when a good bank manager and a face to face chat would cause so much less hassle, and resolve a lot of the problems.

Jay

Handmedown,

This will make you laugh. My business closed 2 years ago.Yet they have been charging me business rates on the account. Never picked up on it until they charged me £28 for taking cash out of my account from a bank charge refund. I complained bitterly, and the local business manager passed my complaint all over the place. It has now ended up in the lap of good old Mr. Higley at Borehamwood. I want all business charges refunded for the last 2 years. Nat West were fully aware that the business had closed down. To conclude this little outburst. Don't waste your time and money with the indians go straight to the chief.;) This is also useful for business claims:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html

Ho Ho the wonderful Mr. Higley at Borehamwood, he is a very popular chap and he does seem to like paying his customers back when his arm is twisted. lol

Why do Natwest have so much trouble talking to people with business accounts ? They seem to have a blind spot for them.

Thanks for that Parkvale might just tackle the business account after I have finished with the current account, just undecided about accepting their offer as it is only £299 short of what I asked for but if I accept I don't like all the provisos. Maybe I will just give them a little more time to stew, what do you think or should I just go for the jugular, the full £4982 plus the 8% when it hits the court.

Where is your thread by the way would like to keep up to speed on it.

Jay

Handmedown,

Jugular beerchug.gif I will toast to that. Would they give you anytime to stew ? When taking their charges out of your account. About the tread. I should have started one ages ago. One of my claims ( 1settled £5k, 3 more running now. Totaling over £25k

for the lot. ) is challenging their limitations act defence. So i do not want to show them my hand. As soon as it is over i shall reveal all:o . Naughty me. ha, ha.

I have spent hours on here today well got demoted to receptionist from recycling administrator, no other jobs on horizon, so bosses away read all I want lol. Jugular is my feeling, they didn't care about me while the charges were snowballing so why should I be over reasonable now. I think you are being a little coy there, but I understand your reasons, I didn't even want to do this but felt I needed to kick some a** I am fed up of being a milking cow for the banks profits.

When I phoned my husband last night at work, he had two mates ask for the website address and another that wanted his charges sorted out. Ohhhhhh my what have I started !!

Please let me know when you do post a thread I would love to know how you get on.

Jay