Going to Court - RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: The RBOS have employed a solicitor's firm - Cobbetts - to deal with my claim. I am claiming £3301.00 in bank charges spanning a 4 year period and filled in the court claim forms as specified on the This is Money website, along with copies of all my bank statements with charges highlighted.

The defence papers arrived on Thursday and they say the following - which I am really confused about..

"This Defence is filed and served without prejudice to the Defendant's case that the Particulars of Claim do not disclose reasonable grounds for bringing a claim against the Claimant to recover the bank charges referred to in the Particulars of Claim or any other sum(s). In the event that the Claimant does not properly particularise her claim then the Defendant will apply to strike out the claim and/or for summary judgement in respect of the same.

"On allocation the Defendant invites the Court to direct that there be a case management conference in order for the Court to consider making of appropriate orders to give the Claimant the opportunity to properly particularise her claim."

What on earth does all this mean?? I was under the impression that I had filled out everything correctly and by highlighting each charge that this was enough!

Please could someone give me some advice on what to do next as I am very confused and have no clue what to do!!

:confused: The RBOS have employed a solicitor's firm - Cobbetts - to deal with my claim. I am claiming £3301.00 in bank charges spanning a 4 year period and filled in the court claim forms as specified on the This is Money website, along with copies of all my bank statements with charges highlighted.

The defence papers arrived on Thursday and they say the following - which I am really confused about..

"This Defence is filed and served without prejudice to the Defendant's case that the Particulars of Claim do not disclose reasonable grounds for bringing a claim against the Claimant to recover the bank charges referred to in the Particulars of Claim or any other sum(s). In the event that the Claimant does not properly particularise her claim then the Defendant will apply to strike out the claim and/or for summary judgement in respect of the same.

"On allocation the Defendant invites the Court to direct that there be a case management conference in order for the Court to consider making of appropriate orders to give the Claimant the opportunity to properly particularise her claim."

What on earth does all this mean?? I was under the impression that I had filled out everything correctly and by highlighting each charge that this was enough!

Please could someone give me some advice on what to do next as I am very confused and have no clue what to do!!

:confused: I got the same letter as everyone else from Cobbetts but before i chanc eo trespond i got a letter form the court advising me that the case has been transferred to the Mercantile Court due to the number of other similar cases which share similar/same points!

Im now not too sure what to expect and wondered whether anyone else had had a similar experience?:confused:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...