• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The Funding Corporation

mwisby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This shambles of a tin-pot company gave me a really poor finance deal on a car I bought from my local Ford dealer. A few years ago when I was a student I was broke and fell behind on a few payments, I remember them charging me over £300 in fees, that was in just two months.

Does anyone else have any experience with this company? I cant seem to find them on these forums, I have prepared my DPA and have the contact address for them as:

Legal Department

The Funding Corporation

International House

Kingsfield Court

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9RF

Oh and hello, i've just signed up!

HSBC Current: Total Fines £542.50 LBA sent 22/05 Deadline for Reply 06/06

Capital One: DPA sent 04/05 Deadline 13/06

Intelligent Finance: DPA sent 04/05 Deadline 13/06

Barclaycard: DPA sent 04/05 Deadline 13/06

Funding Corporation: Total Owed £475 Prelim sent 22/05 Deadline for Reply 06/06

Hello and welcome. Never heard of them but they don't seem to be as tin pot as you think. Thier holding company is quite big and they control some companies which you may have heard of. Not sure how the folloing will paste but let's give it a go:

Company NameRegistered NumberLatest Annual Accounts I.M. GROUP LIMITED0345601831/12/2004 I.M. HOLDINGS LIMITED0281036231/12/2004 HASELEY BUSINESS CENTRE LIMITED0257087531/12/2004 HASELEY MANAGEMENT SERVICES LIMITED0226261631/12/2004 group_end.gifI.M. AVIATION LIMITED0336085531/12/2004 INTERNATIONAL MOTORS LIMITED0126971731/12/2004 I.M. FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED0296826331/12/2004 DAIHATSU (U.K.) LIMITED0063444431/12/2004 DAIHATSU VEHICLE DISTRIBUTORS LIMITED0391617931/12/2004 I.M. PARTS AND SERVICE LIMITED0277061431/12/2004 I.M. TRADE ASSIST LIMITED0330440431/12/2004 I.M. VEHICLE SALES LIMITED0136629531/12/2004 INTERNATIONAL MOTORS PARTS & SERVICE LIMITED0145993231/12/2004 ISUZU (UK) LIMITED0206448931/12/2004 KVD LIMITED0281036031/12/2004 SUBARU (UK) LIMITED0129521431/12/2004 THE FUNDING CORPORATION GROUP LIMITED0416459431/12/2004 APPROVED CAR FINANCE (2) LIMITED0475729431/12/2004 THE FUNDING CORPORATION LIMITED0405562431/12/2004 THE FUNDING CORPORATION (2) LIMITED0475727731/12/2004 APPROVED CAR FINANCE LIMITED0475728031/12/2004 BENTON FINANCE LIMITED0258547831/03/2005 COLLECTONE LIMITED0482160731/12/2004 COUNTY LEASING & FINANCE LIMITED0170410331/03/2005 COUNTY VEHICLE CONTRACTS LIMITED0245911331/03/2005 CYGNET FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED0475728131/12/2004 THE FUNDING CORPORATION (1) LIMITED

Anyway, you can but try, the head office address is :

I.M. GROUP LIMITED

RYDER STREET,

WEST BROMWICH,

WEST MIDLANDS B70 0EJ

The company director would appear to be ROBERT NORMAN EDMISTON.

And they have no ccj's so the threat of court action might just get them to pay up.

Dunno if any of it helps but welcome once again

• 1 month later...

Ok, I recieved the information through the DPA and worked out they had charged me £475 in returned DD fees.

I recieved this response from my prelim:

Thank you for your letter dated 22 May 2006, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the charges applied to your agreement. I would like to confirm the following information to you:

The charges applied to your agreement are not unlawful. I have enclosed a copy of your credit agreement and have highlighted section 4.3 and 6.1 for you. The highlighted areas will confirm you agreed to make propmt contractual monthly payments to us and also confirm we would charge certain fees for the administration of your credit agreement.

I note from your agreement that since December 2004 we have only had 9 payments on or before the due date. The remainder of the payments have been late and subsequent charges have been applied to your account.

After careful consideration there will not be any refund of the charges you have paid, however it was agreed on 26 August 2005 that £97.00 of late payment charges would be removed from the agreement. Unfortunately these charges were not removed. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. I confirm I have removed these charges from your agreement today.

I trust you understand our position and regret I am unable to assist you any further.

Yours sincerely

Debbie Polley

Customer Liaison Officer

First of all, the bit I highlighted red is a bit strange. There were a few late and missed payments from that date but only for a few months, so I dont know why they have brought that up.

Yes I did let it fall behind when my bank cancelled their direct debit, on numerous occasions, but when they charge £25 for a failed payment attempt it gets kind of risky trying to pay when you think funds have cleared. On one occasion they charged me twice in ONE DAY!!

I'll copy the list of charges for you to see:

25.00 24/12/2004

15.00 30/12/2004

25.00 04/01/2005

15.00 18/01/2005

25.00 26/01/2005

15.00 31/01/2005

25.00 02/02/2005

15.00 03/02/2005

25.00 24/02/2005

25.00 02/03/2005

15.00 10/03/2005

25.00 24/03/2005

25.00 01/04/2005

25.00 09/04/2005

25.00 26/04/2005

25.00 22/06/2005

25.00 24/06/2005

25.00 24/06/2005

25.00 28/06/2005

25.00 30/06/2005

25.00 04/07/2005

Secondly, the fact that they have just plain forgotten to refund my charges that was agreed when I called them last summer to try and sort out the mess. I really am not happy with them.

So really I just want to know what you think I should do next. Sure i've got £97 back... but surely I shouldn't have to suffer such high fees from a company that clearly have no idea what is going on. Yes I admit I fell behind for a few months when I was travelling, but should that really cost me so much?!

HSBC Current: Total Fines £542.50 LBA sent 22/05 Deadline for Reply 06/06

Capital One: DPA sent 04/05 Deadline 13/06

Intelligent Finance: DPA sent 04/05 Deadline 13/06

Barclaycard: DPA sent 04/05 Deadline 13/06

Funding Corporation: Total Owed £475 Prelim sent 22/05 Deadline for Reply 06/06

They are punutive penalities, follow the process and put them on notice. I'm sure you will get you're money back.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Move on to the next stage. Send the LBA (knocking off the £97 you have already received).

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 11 months later...

This company are truly deserving of the title tin-pot shower.

My partner had a full and final settlement of an secured loan confirmed in Feb 2007. She receieved a letter in mid march confirming the the accaount had been settled and closed.

In mid may they are holding the land registry docs for our newly re-financed house and refuse to hand over to solicitors until further £3000 is paid to them as result of missing charges that suddenly appear.

It seems according to T F C that an arrangement was made at later date. This was certainly not ever mentioned until May.

In the meantime, we may soon be in breach of our new mortgage terms and conditions because the outstanding second charge. Ombudsman cannot act until 8 weeks after the conclusion of this extrordinary case.

• 1 month later...

Hi mwisby,

I am claiming my money back from this company. They sent me a letter refusing to pay, similar to yours. They also sent me a copy of the T&Cs which states they will charge for letters, phones, dd refusal/missed payments. I am currently looking for a bit of advice on this. Will follow your case. Good luck!

• 2 months later...
This company are truly deserving of the title tin-pot shower.

My partner had a full and final settlement of an secured loan confirmed in Feb 2007. She receieved a letter in mid march confirming the the accaount had been settled and closed.

In mid may they are holding the land registry docs for our newly re-financed house and refuse to hand over to solicitors until further £3000 is paid to them as result of missing charges that suddenly appear.

It seems according to T F C that an arrangement was made at later date. This was certainly not ever mentioned until May.

In the meantime, we may soon be in breach of our new mortgage terms and conditions because the outstanding second charge. Ombudsman cannot act until 8 weeks after the conclusion of this extrordinary case.

Hi, new to this site but have been in a total desperate state since the start of this year because of this company. My self and my mum took out a secured loan from them in 2005. It was originally through a broker called quick decision loans. When we took the loan, the repayments were supposed to be around 500 pounds per month and that was great. The loan was for 45000. When we got documents through from T F C we were being charged 779 per month!!! It all went pear shaped from there. We tried to keep the payments up but it seemed impossible. After the first couple of months it was too much so we decided it would be best to maybe remortgage to property......When we got the settlement figure from the funding corp it was nearly 16000 more than we had borrowed.

At the end of last year i lost me job and a clause in the insurance said we couldn't claim because the property was in my mum's name although i was on the loan. When we decided to sell the house in july to get them paid off as they had been bombarding us with calls, the basically told us that we would do a runner (even although i had answered every call and made as much of the payments as we could and called them regularly to keep them updated).....if we sold the house and have gone for repossesion.

Our solicitor has called them a number of names as they refused to hold off until we could finalise sales etc. To top it all off, when we eventually went to court the judge said that we would be ok, get the sale and T F C would have to wait. When we asked them for final figure it had increased again to 16000 on top off the original settlement they gave us..... Selling the house is only just going to cover the loan, never mind the mortgage and they won't even budge a little to help us out.

They are the worst company you will ever come across and out solicitor has advised to go for damages after this is settled as we would have a good case against them.

I hope no-one else has to go through this as it has ripped me and my mum apart. Not knowing whether we will have a home or not. We are just another client to them and they are losing nothing by holding things back.

Sorry for the ramble but people need to know what kind of crooks this company are......

• 10 months later...

I have an account with these shylocks.

I have never defaulted although they did lose a few payments into another account and threatened me with action if I didn't pay up again. Fortunately my bank contacted them and threatened them so I heard no more about it.

I will say this though. You will get a better interest rate by going to a Glasgow loan shark than you will from this bunch of chancers.

STAY WELL AWAY

• 3 years later...

hi we need your help

my husband took out car finance with this company over 6 years ago he lost his job and could not make the payments. he had got over the halfway point so asked for a voluntary termination of the contract. the finance company came out and recovered the car. 2 months ago he received a letter from a deby collection company saying he ows them £3600 for the car. can they make him pay this? what can we do about this? we have been in contact with the financial ombudsman who has sent them a letter saying that we are disputing the debt and they are looking into it but i have little doubt that they will come back and say he still owes it. when we spoke to the funding corporation the staff were rude and refused to send out copies of the account and the terms and conditions applicable at the time. HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks