• Tweets

• you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Compound Contractual Interest. Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I have read hundreds of posts on these forums and am still in the dark about calculating any contractual interest. Can anyone point me in the direction of a place that will explain this clearly and simply!

A couple of examples:

My account is a student royalties that has had varying agreed overdraft limits over its time. I have received many charges for going over my limit, usually the standard £10 one. Sometimes I have an interest charge along with the £10, but not every time. If they have taken the charge the next month but in that time I have been paid, thus putting me back with the agreed overdraft limit, can I charge them any interest on this?

If I am close to my overdraft limit and the bank allow a direct debit payment to go through, thus putting me over my limit, what am I entitled to claim back here?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You may have read lots of posts, but it doesn't sound like you're reading the right things!

This is a list of all the charges you are able to claim from RBoS.

This will explain how to break down the charges.

I've also posted an breakdown of the various different interests which I can't find right now....will update once I've found it.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

I have read those 2 threads and am still none the wiser (I might just be thick!).

I need to know exactly what I can claim interest on but I cant find anywhere that spells this out clearly.

I have many charges, referrals, returned d/d charges etc. but I have never spent any great length of time over my agreed limit. I would go over for a bit, usually if they'd allowed a direct debit to go through, then I'd get paid and be within the agreed limit again. Any referral charges etc. would be taken when i was within the agreed limit.

Am I to understand that the only way you can claim contractual interest is if you have a charge that puts you over your agreed limit and then any other charges received only while still over your agreed limit?

Thank You.

You need to find a thread explaining how and why contractual interest is charged. The post I'm referring to will explain the majority of interest as I think you have them all mixed up. Will be able to help later on but in work at the mo...

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

You need to use this spreadsheet to calculate contractual interest.

This post is the mother of all posts regarding contractual interest. It's big but I suggest you dive in and read (some of it!) because claiming contractual interest isn't a simple as just adding it to your claim. It is fought heavily by the banks and your argument needs to be water tight. If the money is WORTH it, then you will do the time doing the research.

I wrote this quote below elsewhere on the forums, it doesn't fully answer your question but it's start. I will admit that it is not easy finding a beginners guide to contractual interest, but it probably doesn't exist for a reason - because claiming it is a difficult process which you need to be familiar with first.

A couple of people who I know have or are claiming contractual interest and might therefore be useful in reading their cases are Glenn UK and Tanzarelli.

That's all I can do.

The reason for claiming contractual interest is the argument that if you had unarranged money off the bank (ie money you weren't entitled to) you would be charged (for example) 29% interest. Therefore, as they have had money off you they weren't entitled to you are going to charge them the same amount for having off them.

The problem with using contractual interest is that the banks are more likely to put up a fight for it because, as you will probably have noticed, it does make a vast difference to your claim.

I believe that this sort of claim is much more likely to go to court and you also need to provide a very good argument as to why you should be entitled to the CI. Help for all this should however be available on the site somewhere.

I would suggest searching the successes forums for the word contractual and see what appears.

It is a decision that no one can make for you - it basically depends on how you want to play it. Would you rather an easy ride, more likely to settle earlier and are happy with the 700 quid or would you prefer a fight and are willing to go to court for the extra money.

Some people saying you can claim it on every single charge ever taken from you whether you have an overdraft or not (which would result in £1000s) while others saying it is only claimed on amounts taken while over the overdraft limit.

AAAAHHHHHHHH! This is very confusing!

The former is correct.

Whoever said the latter is way off the mark.

So if I have charges for example:

1. Going over my overdraft limit £10 + interest (almost every month for 2 yrs).

2. Unpaid Items £38 (multiple times).

3. Card Misuse £35 (multiple times).

I can take each one of them individualy and bang on unauthorised interest rate from the date taken?

If this is the case, I can add £1000s on to my claim!

That's correct....however, don't go working out yourself, use the spreadsheet I linked you to to work it out.

You can't simply claim back interest, only the percentage that is apportioned to your unlawful charges. For example:

A £500 overdraft with £100 of charges gets deducted £10 interest. You can claim £2 of the interest because one fifth of your overdraft was charges.

Again, the spreadsheets do this for you.

Last warning, compound interest is a difficult approach - ensure you know what you're doing. You have been warned!!

One last point.

The reason I have recieved some of these charges is as follows:

I have used my switch card to buy items in shops while still within the agreed overdraft limit. By the time the payment actually comes out of my bank, it has put me over the limit. As a result, I get the bank charges.

E.g.

Authorised Overdraft = £1200

21/06/01 My account balance = £1180 O/D

22/06/01 Switch Transaction £25

22/06/01 ATM withdrawal £20

22/06/01 My account balance = £1200 O/D

25/06/01 Switch payment from 22/06/01 comes off

25/06/01 My account balance = £1225 O/D

26/06/01 direct debit Vodafone £35

26/06/01 Unpaid Item charge £38

Does this situation come into play as the reason i am over is because I have tried to pay for something but not had the funds when it came off. This has not happened as a result of a bank charge.

It's quite simple really mate and I think you're getting bogged down over-complicating things.

Here it is in a nutshell.

You may claim back ANY item marked CHG on your statements EXCEPT items that are for SERVICES - i.e. arrangement fees, royalties fees etc.

It is NOT possible to claim back interest for authorised overdraft and since this will be mixed up with interest for unauthorised usage it can be VERY tricky to apportion this correctly leading you into a minefield.

It doesn't matter what the state of your overdraft was or any other considerations. You are NOT arguing about the legitamacy of the 'act' of charging, you are NOT disputing there has been a breach of contract on your part.

You are in fact disputing the LEVEL of the charges.

If you fill out one of Vampiresses (or Mindzai whoever he is) spreadsheets it will give you the interest you need to claim.

If you don't understand the issues relating to contractual or compunded interest DON'T CLAIM IT.

If you don't FULLY understand how to claim back overdraft interest, LEAVE IT ALONE.

Nuff said?