Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2007

Angry Could they cause me more damage?

Hi,

Last year my partner was forced out of work which meant that we lost half of our income. The previous employer was taken to court, although we settled before it reached that point and my partner started a new job 4 months later.

During this time we both had personal loans with RBSicon which we struggled to maintain payments for because we had to concentrate on the mortgage. During this time we got hefty charges for overdraft facilities and returned DDicon's etc. sometimes the charges meant we were overdrawn which then accrued additional charges when DD's could not go out (this could often happen on the same day).

When approached RBS did a coupld of times refund the charges, but then said they had refunded once already so now we must pay.

Having spent most of the morning reading through this site, it is clear to me I should be claiming back my charges. But I have a question about the loans. Although we have now agreed with the bank to consolidate our loans and close the current accounts, leaving a joint account open to be able to pay the loan, if I now pursue the bank to get my charges back could they close the new loan account and force us to pay it back immediately thus making our situation worse?

Although my partner is back in work it will take at least 12-18 months to get back to where we were (along with a couple of defaults and lots of mised payments on our credit file) and I cannot afford to have an immediate demand for 12k?

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated....

Thanks
    Clemo