Getting money back from Platform

carolinec2828
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:?: I had a mortgage with Platform and due to break down of marriage & losing my job I couldn't pay for ages. The charges mounted up and they took me to court and repossessed the house. Even though I was pregnant & had just got a new job they didn't care & still kicked me out.

I had expected to get around £20-30K back from the sale of the house but they put it up at auction for far below its market value (which they said they wouldn't do) and I got nothing back. They also slapped an Early Repayment Charge on top as the mortgare was deemed 'repaid'. I contacted their solicitor to say that I had no choice in it being repaid early and she said 'tough' basically. The balance of the mortgage was cleared by the sale of the house.

Is it worth me trying to get the late payment/missed payment charges back? What about the ERC?

If it went to court would the fact that they had to repossess the house count against me? I know I would be liable for their legal costs for the repossession and that's ok. I didn't handle it very well at the time but my head was in a mess.

I'm going after Smile for £2600 - they got my 14 day letter on Wed, but this must be much more!

Grateful for any advice....

Rang platform earlier on to get a list of all the charges on my account. The girl I spoke to said they could only send me all my statements and there was a £20 charge for that. I said yeah well if I make a request under the Data Protection Act it's only £10 so what do you say we stop wasting each other's time? She went to ask her supervisor and came back to say £10 was fine and they would go in the post today!:p

• 10 years later...

for what?

the thread is 10yrs old

start a new thread

thread closed to stop newbie posting

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks