Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2007

Default 1st Letter sent.

Dear all,

I sent a first letter to the RBOS on the 12 December and they repplied on the 04 January stating that they needed more time to investigate the account. Should I send the second letter anyway? What should I say in the first paragraph that "they had sufficient time to deal with my enquiry"?

thank you

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: 1st Letter sent.

Hiya

Yea, carry on with your timescale, lets face it they never gave you time to pay the charges in the first place did they?!

Fourteen days after they would of recieved the preliminary letter, send in your lbaicon letter, I wouldnt bother mentioning their first letter, I somehow doubt they actually read them anyway, and the letter you recieved would of been a standard reply..........ignore it and press on!

good luck!

Halifax settled
    Halifax (again) settled
    Nationwide settled
    Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2007

(Dear Dollies01, Thanks for your repply!)

Now, I have one more query. I have sent the RBOS two letters:

Letter 1 - requesting to refund when a direct debiticon/standing order/cheque payment is honoured by the bank but there’s not enough money in my bank account to cover it and this totalled to 268 pounds.

Letter 2 - requesting to refund when the bank refuses to honour the payment and still charged me anyway and this was only 38 pounds.

The timescale has now passed, since I sent letter 1 and letter 2, now I can send the last letter, the one before proceding to the small court route.

In this letter that I will sent can I incorporate all the charges that were applied to the account, as described in letter 1 and 2, plus one charge that was applied after these letters were sent?

Many thanks,

Alessandro

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Hiya allesilva

These letters that you sent........
    were they from the template librarys or written yourself?

Halifax settled
    Halifax (again) settled
    Nationwide settled
    Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details