derbyshire constablury and taxi ranks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

great site....keep up the good work.i got a ticket in chesterfield issued by the derbyshire constablury because i was on a taxi bay.i have a van and the only options for parking was a multi story(i cannot get my van in),double yellows or a taxi bay(10 of and all empty).i had put a sign on my windscreen saying loading will be 10 mins...i was just under...but still i got one.it wasnt in a yellow cover just on its own and the weather was atrocious tho i could still read it.does anyone know if i have any rights to fight it.regards:idea:

If this has been issued by the constabulary rather than the council then it is a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) not a PCN.

You can fight it by pleading not guilty at a Magistrates' Court hearing. You will need reciepts/invoices/delivery notes or the like to prove that you were loading/unloading. A witness statement from the person you were delivering to may be enough. There is case law to support the loading/unloading defence.

One point, as this is an FPN, you must take positive action as detailed on the FPN to request a court hearing - if you do nothing, you will be convicetec by default.

Where abouts in Chesterfield was it? I know the town centre has CCTV cameras, and as you mention Multistory I suppose its either round packers row wheres theres a camera which might show you loading/unloading or was it down on Beetwell street?

You could try SARing to get the CCTV footage?

Tom

I was under the impression that CCTV which contains footage of you is classed as personal data, the same with a recorded phone conversation and is covered by the DPA.

SAR = Subject Access Request; Its the formal request you send to a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act that let you, by law, obtain a copy of all the data that they hold on you.

Tom

I think you would have difficulty arguing that CCTV footage containing images of an individual should be treated as personal data.

No difficulty at all. Both audio and video recordings are, in law, documents.

Personal data is that which may lead to the indentification of a person - which a picture would definitely be.

No difficulty at all. Both audio and video recordings are, in law, documents.

Personal data is that which may lead to the indentification of a person - which a picture would definitely be.

I visited the Manchester United Football Club Museum a couple of weeks ago, there were signs up all over the visitable area stating that there was CCTV and as such, Data Protection Act applied..

Hope this helps!?

Best Regards - Dave.