Max amount someone can clain in Scottish court

Steveh3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I need some advice from anyone who has made a claim in a Scottish court.

Is it true that the max claim that can be made in Scottish small claims is £750, if this is true it is very worrying forme, as I am trying to claim back £1395.

any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steveh3

Steve,

Without wanting to sound patronising, you need to read up a little more on case studies and FAQs if you can't answer this one. It's important to make sure you know what you are doing so you can preempt any problems rather than waiting for someone on the forums to sort it for you!!

In respose, yes you are correct, 750 is the maximum. It's quite straightforward to resolve this. Make two claims. However you split it is up to you. Find a date where either side of it the amounts are less than 750 then you can claim from start date to this date then another claim from this date to end date.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi Steve

Alternatively you could raise an action called Summary Cause which means you can claim from £750 up to £1500 instead of splitting into 2 small claims. The cost of this is the same - £39. You will find all the info you need here Summary Cause Guidance Notes

You can complete the forms (1 & 1b) online then print off and hand into your nearest Sheriff Court.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks T4FF

I have read the FQA's and others threads and know a lot more about the process.

I will probably raise two claims, but I looking at the summery cause raised tanzi10.

Thanks for you help

steve

tanzi10

I have never heard of this process, I was about to start raising to claims in the small claims court, but I will look at summery cause first.

Have you or do you know of someone who has used this process.

Thanks you've have been a great help.

steve