Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2006

Default Max amount someone can clain in Scottish court

Hi all
    I need some advice from anyone who has made a claim in a Scottish court.
    Is it true that the max claim that can be made in Scottish small claimsicon is 750, if this is true it is very worrying forme, as I am trying to claim back 1395.

any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steveh3

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Max amount someone can clain in Scottish court

Steve,

Without wanting to sound patronising, you need to read up a little more on case studies and FAQs if you can't answer this one. It's important to make sure you know what you are doing so you can preempt any problems rather than waiting for someone on the forums to sort it for you!!

In respose, yes you are correct, 750 is the maximum. It's quite straightforward to resolve this. Make two claims. However you split it is up to you. Find a date where either side of it the amounts are less than 750 then you can claim from start date to this date then another claim from this date to end date.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Nov 2006

Hi Steve

Alternatively you could raise an action called Summary Cause which means you can claim from 750 up to 1500 instead of splitting into 2 small claims. The cost of this is the same - 39. You will find all the info you need here Summary Cause Guidance Notes

You can complete the forms (1 & 1b) online then print off and hand into your nearest Sheriff Court.
    Hope this helps

Cheers

Basic Account Holder

Thanks T4FF
    I have read the FQA's and others threads and know a lot more about the process.
    I will probably raise two claims, but I looking at the summery cause raised tanzi10.
    Thanks for you help
    steve

Basic Account Holder

tanzi10
    I have never heard of this process, I was about to start raising to claims in the small claimsicon court, but I will look at summery cause first.
    Have you or do you know of someone who has used this process.
    Thanks you've have been a great help.
    steve

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details