Mike and 'shewhomustbeobeyed' v RBoS

Mike1106
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Mike,

That's the way.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi all, just a quick update, had a phone call from RBoS this morning saying they are looking at my request for refund etc, and I will receive a reply wihin 14 days. My reply was they have until 29/01/07, after that I will be sending the LBA and it's my intention to go all the way.

That's the way, keep to your timescales not theirs. Any attempt to delay should be ignored!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi all, Just rec'd another letter from RBoS this morning, stating ' we are currently considering your claim and will respond to you as soon as possible'

On the letter is a direct line number 0131 523 3245, which I called and the 'mechanical voice' at the end of the line told me ' if the call is in relation to charges, thern please bear with us and we will get back to you by 31/01/2007. As my deadline for sending LBA is 29/01/2007 I will give them the extra 2 days and see what happens.

I know everyone on this site says to stick to our schedule and not theirs and I do agree although I bent the rules a bit and during an e-mail conversation with RBS agreed to extend my deadline by 7 days as a matter 'of goodwill' (well if they can use that line, why can't we) when actually I just couldn't afford to file at court at the time. On the 6th day, having had no correspondence in writing up to this point, I received an offer for the full amount!

I guess every case is very different but I like to think that maybe that goodwill on my part, just came back to me!

Good luck!

RBoS - claiming charges of £3868

17/1/07 - Offer for full amount!! WON!!

3/1/07 - LBA Deadline - reminder e-mail sent

16/12/06 - LBA Sent

27/11/06 - Prelim Letter Sent - no reply at all

17/11/06 - Statements received

12/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent

I did exactly the same with HBOS and had mine last day before deadline!

Obviously, you may WANT to go to court to get the extra 8%. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

• Confused 1

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please change this thread to WE HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!

£2979 paid into our account on Thursday.

1st letter sent 15/01/07

Reply rec'd 22/01/07 (stating that they are looking into the request etc.

Letter of offer rec'd 06/02/07 offering £2979, which we accepted.

No hassle no delays just pretty straightforward really. We are chuffed to say the least and although the money has been taken up in o/d etc at least we are on the road to being debt free.

Thanks to this site and all users.