• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Right of Appropriation for money Already paid in????

maxibon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am looking for some advice with regards to the right of appropriation that Jonnie2bad posted

The post is as below

NOTES

There is a process called the "Right of Appropriation" - this allows you to assign funds entering your account to specific events and needs. This is for ANY funds, not just benefits...

Some banks do not understand this process since it is not very often used. You might need to explain it when handing in the letter.

Also, whilst we can try this, there are 2 possible problems;

1) Ideally, you should give the bank 7 days notice. If they are aware, they could disregard the request.

2) They may just disregard it anyway and swallow up the money. You would then have to complain and involve the banking Ombudsman etc and, eventually, get it resolved. This could take a few weeks and would not solve the immediate problem.

Social Security Administration Act 1992

Miscellaneous

Certain benefit to be inalienable **

Here also is the legislation that can be quoted if the benefits that fall within this act apply to you.

187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-

(a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b)any income-related benefit; or

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

Please note that items in red are for example purposes only and should be changed to suit your own requirements.

[your address]

[bank name & address]

[date]

RIGHT OF APPROPRIATION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am writing to inform you that I am due to have a Tax Credit payment of £xxx paid into my account on xx/xx/xx, and I wish to use my first right of appropriation for this money, for the following purposes;

Rent £xx

Utilities bills £xx

Housekeeping money £xx

I will withdraw the money on the day that it is deposited for the above use, and I would be grateful if you would ensure that any other payments out of my account do not interfere with this withdrawal.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[print name]

My questions is

1) Can this be worked for funds that have been paid in to an account already and you just give them 7 days to allow you to access them? :confused:

The reason I am asking is that we had a payment into our account of wages ( we at the time had an overdraft of £1200 ) the pay was £750ish but the bank decided to withdraw our overdraft from that day and left us with no funds for mortgage etc. I would also like to add the reason the account closed was because a default was issued on a single seperate account where it is ALL charges and they removed our overdraft on our joint account because of this.:mad:

I am asking as we could really do with the money even in the next 2 weeks as our income has dropped. Any advice appreciated? :D

Maxibon

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D

Hi maxibon I had the some problem when I defaulted on my loan. RBS closed our joint account. Can’t see how they can get away with doing this as the loan account was just in my name, anyway I set up a new account and rang credit management services and asked them if they would authorise the withdrawal of my wages and all of my child benefits as they had to allow us to be able to live while every thing was getting sorted out. They agreed to it and told my local branch to allow it. You could try ringing them and asking.

• Haha 1

Thanks Mbdiss,

I gave them a call and confirmed I wanted access to my money that was paid in to my account in December and they reinstated our over draft and also refunded charges on my sole account to the tune of £635. Went in today and drew out my money! :o

They did say they want our wages to start being paid back into the account so we will do that ...Good job I wasnt claiming on the sole account as yet as would have had to re work out the new charges. Still going ahead with a claim on the joint account though.

The guy I spoke to must have been the only helpful person i have spoken to there. His name was Ludwig and he was great! His manager authorised it all so I am happier now!!

Thanks Mbdiss for enspiring me to do this!! :D

Maxibon

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D

Hi maxibon anytime and glad you got it sorted.

I believe he is the same guy I spoke to he seamed really cool and sounded as if he know what he was doing unlike some of the other people in that place