Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2007

Default BOS - a couple of queries

Hi

Just found this sight, its absolutely great and everyone seems so helpful.
    I'm thinking about going after my charges which will probably be somewhere between 2-3K. A couple of things that worry me though are the possibilties of having my accounts closed so i was looking for a bit of feedback.

• If i claim against my current account which has a 2000 overdraft on it, is it likely they will close my account and demand back the 2000 to be paid back straight away?
    • i also have a visa card with them that i wouldnt claim against but i owe about 2000 on that too. Are they likely to close this and demand the money back on this account as well as my current account even though im not claiming on the visa account?
    • lastly, my mortgageicon is also with the BOS. i wouldnt be claiming any charges back on this either, but is it possible they could close this and demand the money back/sell house/have to remortgage with someone else etc?
    I'm not in a position to pay back either my vias card, or to remortgage even if i do get a full pay out on the charges on my current account, so i would be reluctant to chase for charges if its possible they would close all accounts i have with them. closing the current account and paying off my overdraft with the payout would make it worthwhile, but not if i need to pay back visa and have hassles with the mortgageicon too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : May 2006

Default Re: BOS - a couple of queries

As far as i am aware, they very well could withdraw the o/d, i very much doubt they will close the account tho, they didnt when i claimed and they didnt reduce/cancel my o/d with them.

As for the mortgageicon it is my understanding that this cannot be touched (if you are not not claiiming off it) as it is a completely different agreement to your bank account.

the CC dilema i have no idea, but i`m sure someone will come along to answer

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2007

thanks for the reply!

anyone else have any thoughts?

Cheers.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Gram1 View Post
    thanks for the reply!

anyone else have any thoughts?

Cheers.

Hi Gram

RBSicon have recently sent me a letter demanding repayment of my o/d but have not closed my account. Although my circumstances are diffewrent to yours.........slightly complicated (see thread).

Just make sure u open a new account just in case

make the most of today because tomorrow you can't go back

Batty_uk
    Follows
    Following

I can't see how they can touch your CC or Mtg because they aren't related. As for the current account. It seems likely they will expect you to pay off your overdraft. They could potentially close your account. Problem is who can say? None of us know really.

You can request throughout your claim that you charges are refunded by cheque but that could well encourage them to close your account.

Just remember that have an account closed will affect your chances of opening another account so (in your case) I would ensure you have one open before going any further.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details