Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    albbyswife Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Question rbos and debt

hello
    just a couple of questions!!!

i have sent prelim letter asking for charges back,
    if your account is with their debt managementicon team and they (let say!!!!) agree to refund charges can u request for the payment to be sent to you by cheque or would it be used to reduce your debt with them??????

do we have any say in the matter????

i did pay a debt collecting company and had been paying them for a couple of years until i put the account into dispute (in which the DCAicon company wrote back telling me that they had returned the debt to the rbos) and so can i set up a repayment schedule to the bank directly with a standing order????so that it doesnt go back to the dca???

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder
    Solowka Novitiate

Cagger since : May 2006

Default Re: rbos and debt

As far as i am aware, you are well within your rights to ask for then sum to be repaid via cheque, but the RBSicon/cobbets are sneaky just make sure its in the form of a cheque that can be paid into any account and not an rbs one.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2006

I think you can......no reason why you can state this as one of your conditions, they can only dispute. Add it to your next letter (whenever that may be) and see what happens.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    albbyswife Novitiate

Question Re: rbos and debt

hello
    im just about to sort out my lbaicon letter to RBoS, i just want some advice on (if possible?) if i can say that i would like to be paid by a cheque and not to the account which i still owe just over 2000. And if that IS possible how would i word it in the lbaicon letter?????

i had been paying a DCAicon money every month to gradually clear this debt but since putting the account in dispute the dca has now passed it back to RBoS and so when sorted i would like to continue with this payment plan that i had previously.

would love some help and advice with this please!!
    also if anybody else has tried getting their penalty charges paid by cheque instead of the account thats in default!!!!!?????
    Also ive been reading some posts and some seem to be using contractual interest!!!!!unsure if i could do that or is it just for certain ammounts,etc??? and again if i can use that do i have to state it in my lba letter???? as i just added all my charges up in the first prelim letter!!!!
    anybody help????

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    albbyswife Novitiate

hello

just wondering if anyone can help with my questions with the last post i wrote??????????? how do i word that i would like to be paid by cheque in my 14 day lbaicon??????

any help would be grateful!!!!!

Basic Account Holder
    albbyswife Novitiate

can anybody help please with previous questions!!!?????

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2006

You need to put something along the lines of "please note, I require any settlement to be paid by cheque payable to albbyswife"

You are able to claim contractual interest. You would need to restart - you would have had to inform them you were going to claim this in your prelim.

It's a tough area to get into and unless you are able to gain a full understanding from this forum, I'd advise to steer clear. If you want to learn about it, read Bankfodders why isn't anyone claiming contractual interest.

An example case with CI is bong VS HSBC.

HTH

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details