Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006

Default I think I've dropped a clanger with dates on letters 0- any one help?

Schoolboy error I know, but I have been claiming against RBSicon on behalf of my wife. I sent a preliminary approach letter which they didn't respond to so have then sent an lbaicon on the 22nd December giving them 21 days to respond (bearing in mind the Christmas period) It went special delivery and was signed for the day after however, as their deadline for a responce is today, I have just had a look at the letter and it is dated 24.10.06! (I had cut and pasted the letter and forgot to change the date).

How will this affect my cliaim? i.e. if there is no responce from them when I get home do I start my court claim or do I have to write to them again?

One other thing they have written to me apologising for the delay on the 3rd of January, but they only refered to my preliminary approach letter which was sent on the 6th December and not my lbaicon.

Any help would be appreciated.