Yorkshire Water CCJ..or not?

garyrw100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can help with this.

On 24th November 2006, I received a CCj for £513 from Yorkshire Water. After much scrimping & scraping, I managed to pay the full amount on the 22nd December to avoid the CCJ staying on my record. I paid it using the printed form on the bottom of the demand for payment from the court into NatWest Bank (YW's Bank). This morning I got a letter from YW Stating that the payment was not received by them until the 29th December and that the judgement could only be marked as 'satisfied' as the payment was not received within the month allowed.

My argument is that I paid this within the month in good faith. Surely the fact that the bank did not forward the payment to them for another 7 days is not my fault and I should not be penalised for this. I have a receipt from the bank with the date clearly on it. Is there any way I can persuade the court that this is wrong?

Many thanks in advance for any answers.

Gary.

• 3 weeks later...

It was too late for the payment to be credited to the account on time. The payment did go into the Yorkshire Bank account on the 22nd but it does work like credit cards in that it has to be manually credited to your account which is 3 to 5 working day later. Count it with me. Day one Friday 22nd December, day two is wednesday 27th December, day three is Thursday 28th december and Friday 29th is day 4. It would have or should have said that on the Bank Giro Credit or paying in slip. Technically they are right and technically you are right.