Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: Mint Claims

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Mint Claims

Just curious to know how people have got on claiming for charges on their MINT credit card. Mine total about 650 over the past six years. Mainly for late payment and the rest for over limit.
    Regards
    Steve

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default Re: Mint Claims

Fedupwithmybank,
    This may be because the company is not as popular as Barclaycard and other big names. However, the same principle applies because it is a financial services company like banks.

Step-by-step instructions
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...hlight=library

Good luck

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

Hi Fedupwithmybank,

I calimed on behalf of my wife for mint charges, we claimed for 197.00 and they settled in full. They sent me a preliminary offer which didn't include any charges after they had reduced them to 12, I rejected it and they settled in full a few days later.

So go for it. Good luck

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Dec 2006

that's really good to know - thanks!
    Did you still have a balance with them when
    you claimed? I have and I'm interested to know
    if they try to demand repayment and shut
    the account.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

No I'd paid it off before I started the claim (ironically with the charges I'd reclaimed from Natwest!)

However I also am in the process of claiming from an abbey card, and although they haven't specifically threatened to close the acount they did infer that they would if I did not continue to operate within their terms.

What I did was went for the biggie 1st which was my current account, cleared all my cards with the money I got from that and then went after the credit card charges. I had peace of mind then that they couldn't start demanding full settlement etc.

hope this Helps.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details