Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2007

Unhappy Advice needed on RBOS claim.

Hi there i am so glad that i have found this website as i have been through such a hard time with bank charges recently i was on the phone to my branch in tears yesterday as they had charged me 90 in one go :-| without any warning which has now left me with nothing i am a single mum with a baby and i have been left struggeling to cope because of bank charges, i have direct banking and have read back all the statements which are avalaible online and since august 2006 i have been charged 420 and i know it will be alot more over the years, Ive never really been in a situation like the this where ive took a company on and its quite daunting but reading all the success stories makes me really want to go ahead as the money would come in so useful right now i would love to beable to treat my little boy, i know i start by using the template letter asking for my statements but who do i send this to is it my local branch or someone further up, i am new to all this so all help would be very much appreciated i just hope i am as successful as everyone else. thank you.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Advice needed on RBOS claim.

Quote Originally Posted by babybluex82x View Post
    Hi there i am so glad that i have found this website as i have been through such a hard time with bank charges recently i was on the phone to my branch in tears yesterday as they had charged me 90 in one go :-| without any warning which has now left me with nothing i am a single mum with a baby and i have been left struggeling to cope because of bank charges, i have direct banking and have read back all the statements which are avalaible online and since august 2006 i have been charged 420 and i know it will be alot more over the years, Ive never really been in a situation like the this where ive took a company on and its quite daunting but reading all the success stories makes me really want to go ahead as the money would come in so useful right now i would love to beable to treat my little boy, i know i start by using the template letter asking for my statements but who do i send this to is it my local branch or someone further up, i am new to all this so all help would be very much appreciated i just hope i am as successful as everyone else. thank you.
    Hi dont worry we are here to help. I sent mt SARicon to my branch, dont forget to include the 10. Take some time to read the FAQs and stepby step instructions these will help.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

hI babybluex82x, I first of all sent mine to the branch and got no reply they didn't cash the cheque, sent another cheque and letter to the

Royal Bank of Scotlandicon
    Data Protection Team
    36 St Andrews Square
    Edinburgh
    EH2 2YB

Address and got them back within 10 days...

Hope this helps, like you I am just starting to take them on too, its scary but their seems to be plenty of support about so lets fight back and try and put one over them for a change....

Winky

Basic Account Holder

Thank you it's so good to know that i have lots of support, i will get the letter sorted now and posted out and i will keep everything updated on here so here goes, fingers crossed x

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

If it's not too inconvenient it might be beneficial to hand deliver your S A R and pay them cash (get a receipt!). This can clear up any issues of identification as well as confirming that they have received both your letter and the fee and immediately puts the onus on them. Worked really well that way for me.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Another thing is all the charges that they have been taking is coming off my benefits such as income support, child tax credit, child benefit etc i dont have any other monies apart from my housing allowance paid into my account, and just by looking up my internet banking statements they are sometimes taking off 90 a month from me which is a lot of money to me.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

I don't know if you have seen this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ails-case.html but as I recall this case was fairly unique in it's pleadings because of a significant damages aspect, due to the impoverishment of the claimant who's entire income was means tested benefits....might be some useful ammo for you...

Follows
    Following

Another thing is all the charges that they have been taking is coming off my benefits such as income support, child tax credit, child benefit etc i dont have any other monies apart from my housing allowance paid into my account, and just by looking up my internet banking statements they are sometimes taking off 90 a month from me which is a lot of money to me.
    Ok they cant do this send this letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...stop-bank.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Checked my online banking this morning and i have just been charged another 60 which was for my gas bill my bank has now went over drawn as the bill has tried to come off aswell, i have just got off the phone to my local branch to find out what this 60 charge is for and he went away to check came back and said it was for something which happened early december so once again i wont recieve my income support on monday as the bank will probably take it in more charges for my bank going over drawn because they never left me enough money to pay my bill!!

Checked my online banking this morning and i have just been charged another 60 which was for my gas bill my bank has now went over drawn as the bill has tried to come off aswell, i have just got off the phone to my local branch to find out what this 60 charge is for and he went away to check came back and said it was for something which happened early december so once again i wont recieve my income support on monday as the bank will probably take it in more charges for my bank going over drawn because they never left me enough money to pay my bill!!

Can you hand deliver the above letter. This will stop them taking your benefits.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Yes i'm going to do that today, thank you.

Basic Account Holder

Have handed the above letter in i explained breifly what it was about and the lady said it would be passed onto her manager who wasnt there at the time, plus i went to hand in my s a r and she said i could get this free of charge she said she would get that sorted out for me and i would recieve my statements within 10 days!!! i told her i wanted statements going back 6 yearsicon and she said that wasnt a problem, i thought i would have had to pay something.

Have handed the above letter in i explained breifly what it was about and the lady said it would be passed onto her manager who wasnt there at the time, plus i went to hand in my s a r and she said i could get this free of charge she said she would get that sorted out for me and i would recieve my statements within 10 days!!! i told her i wanted statements going back 6 yearsicon and she said that wasnt a problem, i thought i would have had to pay something.
    Well thats a start I would phone them later today. Tell them to refund the charges see what they say.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I have just got another charge for 38 today and i can't belive it thats over 100 in one bloody week i am fuming i don't know what im going to do now, i phoned my local branch yesterday about the 60 charge and he said he has to speak to someone else as they can only refund up to 50 and no one has got back to me.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Oct 2006

Hi, sorry to hear what the b******ds have done. This is appalling - again. You're not alone either, I've just looked at another thread "Horrified" and its atrocious what the banks are doing to people.

I had a thought which might help, is there any possibility you can get your benefits paid into a parachute accounticon, either one already set up or a new one? I know it might take a bit of sorting but if you can go into a bank and tell them you need a bank account urgently otherwise you won't get your benefits, they may be able to help? Some banks just do a basic account specifically for low earners or those with a low credit score. You'd have to ask on here which are the best banks for this type of account.

That way, they can apply as many charges as they like to your old account while you put your claim in and get it all back, but would be unable to get their hands on your money.

It might be worthwhile having a parachute accounticon in any case. I know i don't want any dealings with the RBSicon anymore.

Best of luck sorting this out, I'll be thinking of you.

Sweetrevenge
    Don't get mad - get even!
    If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12
    WON at LBA with compound contractual interest 607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, 1,278, 4,279 and 7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!
    Follows
    Following

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Another point, make sure you keep on to them every couple of days checking your statements are on their way. Bound to try and pull a fast one and say there is no record of your conversation - the only downside of doing things in person.

Really sorry to hear of your bad luck - my brother (on benefits) is having the same problems with his bank. Makes me really furious how the banks treat those with little money.

I've moved my brothers benefits into another account like SR suggests, best thing you can do so you can carry on paying bills whilst claiming your money back.

Have faith and ask lots of questions, you will get lots of answers

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi everyone, well i recieved all my statements this morning in a big brown envelope and have checked through them all and highlighted all my charges and counted up and it come to a total of 1280 and thats not including what i have been charged in the last month i was able to check on my online banking for this and its another 208 i found this template letter and was wandering if it may be a good one to send away with my statements? [YOUR NAME]

Interesting letter. Unfortunately, it went slightly over my head. I'm not familiar with the term arrestment, what does this mean?

Is this solely applicable in Scotland, or does this carry weight in England / Wales too?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi everyone though i would give an update, well i posted off the letter i stated a few posts back along with the statements by recorded delivery and i was shocked to get such a quick response i recieved a letter this morning from a sandy watt saying thank you for your enquiry dated 18 january 2007 regarding charges applied to your account, we are currently considering your claim and will respond to you as soon as possible.

I will give an update when i next hear from them jackie x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details