• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Advice needed on RBOS claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i am so glad that i have found this website as i have been through such a hard time with bank charges recently i was on the phone to my branch in tears yesterday as they had charged me £90 in one go :-| without any warning which has now left me with nothing i am a single mum with a baby and i have been left struggeling to cope because of bank charges, i have direct banking and have read back all the statements which are avalaible online and since august 2006 i have been charged £420 and i know it will be alot more over the years, Ive never really been in a situation like the this where ive took a company on and its quite daunting but reading all the success stories makes me really want to go ahead as the money would come in so useful right now i would love to beable to treat my little boy, i know i start by using the template letter asking for my statements but who do i send this to is it my local branch or someone further up, i am new to all this so all help would be very much appreciated i just hope i am as successful as everyone else. thank you.

Hi there i am so glad that i have found this website as i have been through such a hard time with bank charges recently i was on the phone to my branch in tears yesterday as they had charged me £90 in one go :-| without any warning which has now left me with nothing i am a single mum with a baby and i have been left struggeling to cope because of bank charges, i have direct banking and have read back all the statements which are avalaible online and since august 2006 i have been charged £420 and i know it will be alot more over the years, Ive never really been in a situation like the this where ive took a company on and its quite daunting but reading all the success stories makes me really want to go ahead as the money would come in so useful right now i would love to beable to treat my little boy, i know i start by using the template letter asking for my statements but who do i send this to is it my local branch or someone further up, i am new to all this so all help would be very much appreciated i just hope i am as successful as everyone else. thank you.

Hi dont worry we are here to help. I sent mt SAR to my branch, dont forget to include the £10. Take some time to read the FAQs and stepby step instructions these will help.

hI babybluex82x, I first of all sent mine to the branch and got no reply they didn't cash the cheque, sent another cheque and letter to the

Royal Bank of Scotland

Data Protection Team

36 St Andrews Square

Edinburgh

EH2 2YB

Address and got them back within 10 days...

Hope this helps, like you I am just starting to take them on too, its scary but their seems to be plenty of support about so lets fight back and try and put one over them for a change....

Winky

If it's not too inconvenient it might be beneficial to hand deliver your S A R and pay them cash (get a receipt!). This can clear up any issues of identification as well as confirming that they have received both your letter and the fee and immediately puts the onus on them. Worked really well that way for me.

Another thing is all the charges that they have been taking is coming off my benefits such as income support, child tax credit, child benefit etc i dont have any other monies apart from my housing allowance paid into my account, and just by looking up my internet banking statements they are sometimes taking off £90 a month from me which is a lot of money to me.

I don't know if you have seen this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/rbs-bos-successes/49470-contractual-interest-details-case.html but as I recall this case was fairly unique in it's pleadings because of a significant damages aspect, due to the impoverishment of the claimant who's entire income was means tested benefits....might be some useful ammo for you...

Another thing is all the charges that they have been taking is coming off my benefits such as income support, child tax credit, child benefit etc i dont have any other monies apart from my housing allowance paid into my account, and just by looking up my internet banking statements they are sometimes taking off £90 a month from me which is a lot of money to me.

Ok they cant do this send this letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-right-appropriation-stop-bank.html

Checked my online banking this morning and i have just been charged another £60:( which was for my gas bill my bank has now went over drawn as the bill has tried to come off aswell, i have just got off the phone to my local branch to find out what this £60 charge is for and he went away to check came back and said it was for something which happened early december so once again i wont recieve my income support on monday as the bank will probably take it in more charges for my bank going over drawn because they never left me enough money to pay my bill!!

Checked my online banking this morning and i have just been charged another £60:( which was for my gas bill my bank has now went over drawn as the bill has tried to come off aswell, i have just got off the phone to my local branch to find out what this £60 charge is for and he went away to check came back and said it was for something which happened early december so once again i wont recieve my income support on monday as the bank will probably take it in more charges for my bank going over drawn because they never left me enough money to pay my bill!!

Can you hand deliver the above letter. This will stop them taking your benefits.

Have handed the above letter in i explained breifly what it was about and the lady said it would be passed onto her manager who wasnt there at the time, plus i went to hand in my s a r and she said i could get this free of charge she said she would get that sorted out for me and i would recieve my statements within 10 days!!! i told her i wanted statements going back 6 years and she said that wasnt a problem, i thought i would have had to pay something.

Have handed the above letter in i explained breifly what it was about and the lady said it would be passed onto her manager who wasnt there at the time, plus i went to hand in my s a r and she said i could get this free of charge she said she would get that sorted out for me and i would recieve my statements within 10 days!!! i told her i wanted statements going back 6 years and she said that wasnt a problem, i thought i would have had to pay something.

Well thats a start I would phone them later today. Tell them to refund the charges see what they say.

I have just got another charge for £38 today and i can't belive it thats over £100 in one bloody week i am fuming i don't know what im going to do now, i phoned my local branch yesterday about the £60 charge and he said he has to speak to someone else as they can only refund up to £50 and no one has got back to me.

Hi, sorry to hear what the b******ds have done. This is appalling - again. You're not alone either, I've just looked at another thread "Horrified" and its atrocious what the banks are doing to people.

I had a thought which might help, is there any possibility you can get your benefits paid into a parachute account, either one already set up or a new one? I know it might take a bit of sorting but if you can go into a bank and tell them you need a bank account urgently otherwise you won't get your benefits, they may be able to help? Some banks just do a basic account specifically for low earners or those with a low credit score. You'd have to ask on here which are the best banks for this type of account.

That way, they can apply as many charges as they like to your old account while you put your claim in and get it all back, but would be unable to get their hands on your money.

It might be worthwhile having a parachute account in any case. I know i don't want any dealings with the RBS anymore.

Best of luck sorting this out, I'll be thinking of you.

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

If it's any help, Lloyds opened a basic account for me on the spot. I believe Bank of Scotland have a basic one too, and it doesn't matter about your credit history. Although if you've no other problems financially apart from with your bank, just about any bank will do.

Seahorse

Another point, make sure you keep on to them every couple of days checking your statements are on their way. Bound to try and pull a fast one and say there is no record of your conversation - the only downside of doing things in person.

Really sorry to hear of your bad luck - my brother (on benefits) is having the same problems with his bank. Makes me really furious how the banks treat those with little money.

I've moved my brothers benefits into another account like SR suggests, best thing you can do so you can carry on paying bills whilst claiming your money back.

Have faith and ask lots of questions, you will get lots of answers ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi everyone, well i recieved all my statements this morning in a big brown envelope and have checked through them all and highlighted all my charges and counted up and it come to a total of £1280 and thats not including what i have been charged in the last month i was able to check on my online banking for this and its another £208 i found this template letter and was wandering if it may be a good one to send away with my statements? [YOUR NAME]

Interesting letter. Unfortunately, it went slightly over my head. I'm not familiar with the term arrestment, what does this mean?

Is this solely applicable in Scotland, or does this carry weight in England / Wales too?

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi everyone though i would give an update, well i posted off the letter i stated a few posts back along with the statements by recorded delivery and i was shocked to get such a quick response i recieved a letter this morning from a sandy watt saying thank you for your enquiry dated 18 january 2007 regarding charges applied to your account, we are currently considering your claim and will respond to you as soon as possible.

I will give an update when i next hear from them jackie x

Don't get your hopes up too much.......plenty of delaying tactics on the way :(

Just make sure to keep to your deadlines regardless of what timescales they give you. Any questions you have post them up.

Thanks T4FF, ive just had a conversation with the lady in the benefits office and she couldnt belive it when i told her that since the 9th of january this year i have been charged £232 i got a charge of £90 on the 9th of jan without any notice because of soemthing which happened in december then because of this bills went unpaid so i got another charge of £38 on the 12th then another £38 charge on the 17th then another £38 on the 18th then another £38 charge on the 22nd all taken off my benefits she was livid, instead of getting my benfits paid into my account im now going to recieve a giro until i get another bank account or post office account sorted, basically i've had money taken off me i don't even have once again ive been left with nothing i want to phone the bank but i know i will end up in tears :sad:

This is awful!!! Babyblue, did you use this?

This can't be right. There must be some protection for people (no offense baby) on the breadline? Anyone got any ideas? Surely they can't take someone's benefits off them? She's supporting a child for heavens sake!!

Baby, have you considered speaking to citizens advice? They might be able to advise you, or even the benefits office? Perhaps they might be able to help? There surely has to be some protection for peoples benefits.

If you have the courage, I would go to the press and make a spectacle of RBS. It is situations like this that banks really annoy me - it's not right to prey on the weak. You have a story that people will be angered by (I am!!) and RBS should not be allowed to get away with doing this.

I'm really sorry for you, keep you're chin up and keep on with your claim, you will get your money back soon. I would point out in your letters, that the amount you are claiming will increase as you continue to be charged. Make sure you get every penny back.

Keep us posted.

To anyone who can advise..........Does putting an account in dispute stop them placing these charges on an account??

To anyone who can advise..........Does putting an account in dispute stop them placing these charges on an account??

No it doesn't. Stops DCA's, but the bank applies charges for each NEW breach of contract.

Read about this in some other thread I can't find, sorry.