• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Now what?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Spikey, welcome to the forum. It sounds from your question like you're new here? - please read up as much as you can as soon as possible and some of your questions will probably be answered straight away. If you've already done that, please post back and I'll try to point you in the right direction for specifics about charges.

BTW are you claiming from RBOS or BOS? It makes a difference to how your claim progresses.

Cheers and best of luck with your claim.

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Ok as posted above spend the time waiting for the statements reading the FAQS and step by step instructions this will give you a sound knowledge of what to do. The link below is a list of all charges for RBS. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/57649-rbs-list-all-charges.html

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I am new new here, ivé been a member for a couple of months but I have only just got the statements from the bank, I am claiming from RBOS, how does it differ from claiming from BOS?

Regards

Spikey

Hi Spikey, welcome to the forum. It sounds from your question like you're new here? - please read up as much as you can as soon as possible and some of your questions will probably be answered straight away. If you've already done that, please post back and I'll try to point you in the right direction for specifics about charges.

BTW are you claiming from RBOS or BOS? It makes a difference to how your claim progresses.

Cheers and best of luck with your claim.

Hi,

Doubt it would differ atall.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Me personally, like to respond to RBS queries because I made claims with RBS, I would guess a lot peeps do that?

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thanks for responding to my message, I am a bit unsure which charges I can claim for, on alot of my bank statements I see charges, marked CHG, for amounts of 15, 20 and 24 pounds, these were whilst I was overdrawn and were taken on top of the interest charges. there are also some for a referral charge, i'm not sure what that is but one is for 60 pounds. Am I right in thinking I can claim for all charges apart from the interest charges? also what about the times when I have gone over my overdraft limit, is the bank allowed to charge me for this above the normal interest charges?

Thanks

Mikey

This should help, I wrote this a while ago...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/42749-bit-help-you-rbos.html

There's also a sticky that has been posted by Livelylad that lists all the charges and the amounts over the last few years, have a look at that too.

Hi

I have a royalties gold account, are these a bad idea when it comes to bank charges? I noticed a couple of negative comments about them, does that mean I cannot claim the charges for having a royalties gold account even if they are excessive?

btw, I can't find the sticky that was posted by Livelylad listing the bank charges, where can I find it?

Regards

Spikey

Livelylad's post is here

As for your question on royalties, I'm not sure I follow you?

The only thing you can't claim from a royalties account are the actual royalties charges (the 10 pound a month) because you agree to pay that charge. The charges you can claim are the penalty ones - overdraft fees, unpaid dds etc etc. My accounts were royalties accounts and I reclaimed around 3 grand.

With all due respect, you seem to be confused with the whole process and I would advise you NOT to rush into this. Read through the first link I posted (the user guide), read through the FAQs, read through other people's posts so you can get an idea of how the process works.

A good place to start would be my two claims linked in my signature. I've given detailed accounts of my claim including all letters I sent and received.

It is important to ensure you know what you are doing before you start the process. People won't respond to simple questions that you can find out for yourself by simply reading through the FAQs.

• Confused 1

Hi

sorry I wasn't very clear about the royalties account question, I noticed in the spreadsheet that you posted a link to that they overcharged you for the royalties account monthly charge, they appeared to have done this to me too, I noticed they have taken 20 pounds a month instead of 10 from my account, I am presuming this is the royalties account charge as there are no deductions for 10 pounds.

Spikey

Hi

I have read through the FAQ and am now ready to make a preliminary approach to my bank, the only thing is I am not sure which spreadsheet I need to use from the library, there are quite a few of these and it is not very clear which to use, I would be grateful if someone could clarify this for me.

Kind Regards

Spikey

Mike,

They haven't overcharged me....RBS merge lots of their charges together at the end of the month. The link I posted re charges explains how to break this down.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, I am currently filling in the spreadsheet specifying the charges, I am using the one from Mindzai, one question tho, when filling in the interest charges and the interest period date, for example:

'INT TO 23SEP A/C' do fill in the balance of my account on the 23rd september or the balance on the date the amount is taken from my account?

Kind Regards

Spikey

its for the period charged not the date it was charged on, so the 23rd...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, it's taken some time but I think I am finally ready and feeling confident enough to send a preliminary approach letter. I filled in the information from my statements into the compound sheet v1.9 and if that is correct they owe me around 760 quid. When I send the letter do I send a print out of the compound sheet? if so which parts do I need to send is it just the notes page and the charges & interest page? Also another question, on the notes page, at the top where you fill in the interest rate and apr rate, which do I need to fill in? these don't actually make any difference to the calculations from the spreadsheet do they?

Regards

Spikey ;):confused::rolleyes:8-):)

• 2 weeks later...

please help, finances definitely aren't my strong point :confused::confused::confused:

I thought I had this all worked out, I have filled in the spreadsheet using the charges and interest amounts from my statements but now I have checked it i'm not sure if I have done it right, I have read alot on here but there is just so much information it's not always easy to follow. I have an interest paying current account with the RBS and so I have filled in the chg amounts and int amounts from my statements, the chg amounts range from 15 to 38 quid. when I look on the advice of service charge statements it says these are a maintenance charge, am I right to fill in the whole amount on the spreadsheet or can I not claim the whole amount back? the amounts aren't broken down on the advice sheets, it just shows the whole charge amount. Also on the spreadsheet I know when i'm filling in the interest charges I put the date the interest was charged to, eg if it says int to 25 mar, I fill in the 25 march and put my balance on the 25 march, but when filling in the chg amounts do I also put the chg to date or the date it was taken from my account? the notes on the spreadsheets are somewhat conflicting.

Spikey :|:(:confused:

Spikey, have a read of the link in my signature, it should answer your RBS related questions.

• 1 month later...

Hello again, I sent a preliminary approach letter on the 15th march to the RBS Edinburgh office stating in the letter that I would give them 21 days to respond, I changed it from the 14 days in the template letter because I am writing from the Netherlands but I still haven't heard anything. I sent the letter recorded delivery. Would it be an idea to phone them before I proceed with the next stage?

Spikey :evil:

No, just continue as normal.

Be aware tho that you will have problems filing a court claim as you need to be here in the UK!

What exactly is the problem with me filing a court case, is it the fact that I would need to be living in the UK or that I would need an address there? if it is the latter then it's not a problem as I do have an address in the UK. Anyway i'm going to proceed with the LBA

Thanks

Spikey

Well the address helps to some extent but you may required to turn up in court!!

Do continue, wasn't implying you shouldn't, just making you aware.

Ah ok :) I thought there might have been some legal stipulation that you needed to be living in the UK to make a claim. I come over to the UK fairly regularly so it wouldn't really be a problem. I just hope it doesn't have to go to court although I am prepared to take it that far ;)

Spikey