Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    SpikeyMike Novitiate SpikeyMike's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2006

Default Now what?

Hello there

I wrote to my branch requesting bank statements for the last 6 yearsicon, can someone please let me know how I work out what I can claim back for?

Kind Regards

Spikey

Basic Account Holder
    SweetRevenge Novitiate SweetRevenge's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default Re: Now what?

Hi Spikey, welcome to the forum. It sounds from your question like you're new here? - please read up as much as you can as soon as possible and some of your questions will probably be answered straight away. If you've already done that, please post back and I'll try to point you in the right direction for specifics about charges.

BTW are you claiming from RBOS or BOS? It makes a difference to how your claim progresses.

Cheers and best of luck with your claim.

Sweetrevenge
    Don't get mad - get even!
    If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12
    WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2006

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Ok as posted above spend the time waiting for the statements reading the FAQS and step by step instructions this will give you a sound knowledge of what to do. The link below is a list of all charges for RBSicon. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...l-charges.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi
    Thanks for your reply, I am new new here, ivé been a member for a couple of months but I have only just got the statements from the bank, I am claiming from RBOS, how does it differ from claiming from BOS?

Regards

Spikey

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRevenge View Post
    Hi Spikey, welcome to the forum. It sounds from your question like you're new here? - please read up as much as you can as soon as possible and some of your questions will probably be answered straight away. If you've already done that, please post back and I'll try to point you in the right direction for specifics about charges.

BTW are you claiming from RBOS or BOS? It makes a difference to how your claim progresses.

Cheers and best of luck with your claim.

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Hi,

Doubt it would differ atall.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Me personally, like to respond to RBSicon queries because I made claims with RBS, I would guess a lot peeps do that?

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks for responding to my message, I am a bit unsure which charges I can claim for, on alot of my bank statements I see charges, marked CHG, for amounts of 15, 20 and 24 pounds, these were whilst I was overdrawn and were taken on top of the interest charges. there are also some for a referral charge, i'm not sure what that is but one is for 60 pounds. Am I right in thinking I can claim for all charges apart from the interest charges? also what about the times when I have gone over my overdraft limit, is the bank allowed to charge me for this above the normal interest charges?

Thanks

Mikey

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

This should help, I wrote this a while ago...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-you-rbos.html

There's also a sticky that has been posted by Livelylad that lists all the charges and the amounts over the last few years, have a look at that too.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi

I have a royalties gold account, are these a bad idea when it comes to bank charges? I noticed a couple of negative comments about them, does that mean I cannot claim the charges for having a royalties gold account even if they are excessive?

btw, I can't find the sticky that was posted by Livelylad listing the bank charges, where can I find it?

Regards

Spikey

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Livelylad's post is here

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

As for your question on royalties, I'm not sure I follow you?

The only thing you can't claim from a royalties account are the actual royalties charges (the 10 pound a month) because you agree to pay that charge. The charges you can claim are the penalty ones - overdraft fees, unpaid dds etc etc. My accounts were royalties accounts and I reclaimed around 3 grand.

With all due respect, you seem to be confused with the whole process and I would advise you NOT to rush into this. Read through the first link I posted (the user guide), read through the FAQs, read through other people's posts so you can get an idea of how the process works.

A good place to start would be my two claims linked in my signature. I've given detailed accounts of my claim including all letters I sent and received.

It is important to ensure you know what you are doing before you start the process. People won't respond to simple questions that you can find out for yourself by simply reading through the FAQs.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi
    sorry I wasn't very clear about the royalties account question, I noticed in the spreadsheet that you posted a link to that they overcharged you for the royalties account monthly charge, they appeared to have done this to me too, I noticed they have taken 20 pounds a month instead of 10 from my account, I am presuming this is the royalties account charge as there are no deductions for 10 pounds.

Spikey

Basic Account Holder

Hi
    I have read through the FAQ and am now ready to make a preliminary approach to my bank, the only thing is I am not sure which spreadsheet I need to use from the libraryicon, there are quite a few of these and it is not very clear which to use, I would be grateful if someone could clarify this for me.

Kind Regards

Spikey

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Mike,

They haven't overcharged me....RBSicon merge lots of their charges together at the end of the month. The link I posted re charges explains how to break this down.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi again, I am currently filling in the spreadsheet specifying the charges, I am using the one from Mindzai, one question tho, when filling in the interest charges and the interest period date, for example:
    'INT TO 23SEP A/C' do fill in the balance of my account on the 23rd september or the balance on the date the amount is taken from my account?

Kind Regards

Spikey

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

its for the period charged not the date it was charged on, so the 23rd...

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hello again, it's taken some time but I think I am finally ready and feeling confident enough to send a preliminary approach letter. I filled in the information from my statements into the compound sheet v1.9 and if that is correct they owe me around 760 quid. When I send the letter do I send a print out of the compound sheet? if so which parts do I need to send is it just the notes page and the charges & interest page? Also another question, on the notes page, at the top where you fill in the interest rate and apr rate, which do I need to fill in? these don't actually make any difference to the calculations from the spreadsheet do they?

Regards

Spikey 8-)

Basic Account Holder

Unhappy Re: Now what?

please help, finances definitely aren't my strong point

I thought I had this all worked out, I have filled in the spreadsheet using the charges and interest amounts from my statements but now I have checked it i'm not sure if I have done it right, I have read alot on here but there is just so much information it's not always easy to follow. I have an interest paying current account with the RBSicon and so I have filled in the chg amounts and int amounts from my statements, the chg amounts range from 15 to 38 quid. when I look on the advice of service charge statements it says these are a maintenance charge, am I right to fill in the whole amount on the spreadsheet or can I not claim the whole amount back? the amounts aren't broken down on the advice sheets, it just shows the whole charge amount. Also on the spreadsheet I know when i'm filling in the interest charges I put the date the interest was charged to, eg if it says int to 25 mar, I fill in the 25 march and put my balance on the 25 march, but when filling in the chg amounts do I also put the chg to date or the date it was taken from my account? the notes on the spreadsheets are somewhat conflicting.

Spikey

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Spikey, have a read of the link in my signature, it should answer your RBSicon related questions.

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details