Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default RBS Claim - help please

Having now received copy statements back I have now calculated that RBSicon owe me in the region of 2,200, HOWEVER....about last June I had a dispute with them over 90 worth of fees taken from my account and they would only refund me the 90 if I signed a form saying it was 'Full and finalicon settlement' for all fees charged by them. At the time I urgently needed that money so they had me over a barrel.

Will this hinder my claim or even bring it to an immediate halt??? I am sending off the first claim letter today asking for the money back but will this document I signed last June come back to haunt me?

Will still send off prelim request but wondered how this would affect things.

Similar Threads:
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Sep 2006

Default Re: RBS Claim - help please

HI! They might try and force the issue but, they cannot make sign away your legal rights!

Hiya,

They most probably will try to hold that over you but they ca'nt make that one stick you can claim you sighned under duress that will cancel that out no problem,in other words it was pre meditated blackmail, they knew there was a possibility of you making a full claim, and tried the umbrella trick, carry on with the help and advice on how to go about it from the forum help threads

Sparkie 1723

Basic Account Holder

Thanks TC & Sparkie,
    Prelim Req has been sent so I will keep you updated on their response.

For what it's worth, the arrogant attitude of RBSicon towards me as a customer over the last few years has galvanised my resolve and I am prepared to fight tooth and nail for what is due to me. RBS have been getting away with it for too long now.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

I think the RBSicon's arrogance and cavalier attitude to charges is why we're all here. Long live the revolution! hehe

Stick it to em

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: RBS Claim - Saucy ***s charging me twice!!

Can you believe the saucy g!ts at RBSicon!!!!
    Having cashed my S.A.R - (Subject access requesticon) request cheque for 10 they have now taken 5 from my account as a 'historic statement fee' as well. Surely they can't charge me twice, I thought 10 was the maximum they could charge for providing this data.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Hi Ladles

I am in about the same boat as you, I settled for the full amount of my claim back in July 06 for about 850, but also signed a letter stating all future charges would stand. However we also ALL signed the T & C's when we opened out accounts but that didnt stop them from paying out all these claims so far!!!

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details