Help with CCJ and accruing interest please ?

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been advised on my thread Thereshope! v NatWest to have a look on here for some help.

I have recently applied for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and have been sent my six years of statements.

I was totally shocked to see that Natwest have been charging me interest on a debt that is now a CCJ.

I pay £25 pm on a DMP through the CCCS which is applied to the CCJ . Natwest applied for the CCJ in feb this year.

I was really upset at the time as the CCJ instalments were set at the rate I was already paying,and had been paying since nov04 through the CCCS.

Why did they have to apply for the CCJ,I had paid them the agreed instalments every month without fail ?:-x

Oh,and they also applied to have CCJ made into a Charging Order which was refused in april.:)

Anyway,sorry for waffling !

What I need to know is this, Are Natwest allowed to continue to add interest to the amount that they say I owe when a ccj is in place ?

My original o/d was for £3150 in nov 04.

Due to NW continually adding charges and interst the balance is now £7474.57.

I kept NW informed of my situation from the outset and asked to have all d/d etc cancelled so as not to incur return fees etc but they didnt cancel them. As a result the fees snowballed

I dont know what my rights are . It just seems a contradiction to pay a CCJ to address what i originally owed, when the balance is now higher than what it was in feb.

Should I contact NW and ask them to stop applying interest as I am in the process of reclaiming my bank charges,and as such the amount they say I owe is in dispute.

This is the route that was suggested to me by another poster,but I want to be sure when I contact them of what my 'rights' are.

So,in a nutshell is it bad practice for NW to continue adding interest and what can I do about it ?

PHEW !! Thanks guys:D

Regards Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

It sounds from what you say that they are treating yours as an active account despite it having defaulted. Have you asked them for the original credit agreemant for the o/d? When was the o/d facility granted? How much of the £7474.57 is charges and interest and how much is due to DD's going out? Sounds like the usual NatWest b*gger's muddle :). In addition to posting here you should probably call someone like the National Debt Helpline to see how best to normalise the situation.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Thankyou for the reply POET.

I am going to contact them NOW about all the points you raised, because I really dont know any of the answers,and I should.

I guess I have been a bit of a camel over the last cople of years and have totally buried my head in the sand and hoped that eveything bad would disappear.

Not anymore.

I WILL NOT be afraid to ask for information !!

Thanks and best regards

Hope

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

No problem. Sounds like you really should have grabbed the bull by the horns before it got to the CCJ stage. Keep us posted as to how you get on. I've got a NatWest o/d problem coming down the pipe so very interested in this one. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Hi Poet

I will keep you informed.

On the phone to them now (on hold !)

will post back later

Regards

Hope

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Thereshope,

I,m not 100% certain but it is my understanding that interest can only only be applied to a debt ...up to the date of the court order, after that no further interset can be applied the judgement goes onto your credit files for the judgement sum including any costs, if the Nat West are applying interest on the judgement sum they are not complying with the judgement decree.

You should check this out yourself in the mean time