NATWEST and DATA PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE - READ THIS

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Devil- that is nonsense what you were told. Copy statements are £5 per request. So if you wanted back to 2002(I assume that is when the account was opened) then £5. You can phone the branch, walk to a branch send a letter to the branch, your choice but copy statements are £5

hi nattie

i sent 3x£5 postal orders to obtain my statements for 3 accounts and recieved 1 current account statement with one transaction on it. £5 withdrawn for historical statements making me £3.50 overdrawn. I love them

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all i was wondering if some one can help me. I am now sorting out the paperwork i need to reclaim my bank charges back from natwest as some days they are charging me £210 in one day and £35 every other day. I have sorted out my sar letter but i have two accounts so i sent the one letter with the two accounts or two letters (one for each account) both with £10 each in them or £10 between the two?

• 5 months later...

My account opened in the 80's as the account closed some 10 yrs later and I knew nothing about bank charges until 3 yrs ago what do you think my chances of getting statements are going that far back?

I only found the account details recently and when I wrote to NW when I found out about these charges they didn't have any record of my account (or so they said) as the branch turned into a Curry house. Any tips as I'd need the T & C's too I guess..

My account opened in the 80's as the account closed some 10 yrs later and I knew nothing about bank charges until 3 yrs ago what do you think my chances of getting statements are going that far back?

I only found the account details recently and when I wrote to NW when I found out about these charges they didn't have any record of my account (or so they said) as the branch turned into a Curry house. Any tips as I'd need the T & C's too I guess..

The answer is that NatWest didn't get computerisation til the early 1990's so unless it was open in 1991/1992, I would be surprised if you got anything relating to that account albeit I do know how to get the terms and conditions, lol.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

The answer is that NatWest didn't get computerisation til the early 1990's so unless it was open in 1991/1992, I would be surprised if you got anything relating to that account albeit I do know how to get the terms and conditions, lol.

Hi yourbank :)

I think you are already aware of my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/business-claims-bank-charges/81525-gandolfi-natwest-12.html

I'm trying to get Business and Personal T&Cs for accounts opened in 1989. Charges are for the period between 1994-2004.

If you know how to get them I'd be really grateful!

Gandolfi

Hi yourbank :)

I think you are already aware of my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/business-claims-bank-charges/81525-gandolfi-natwest-12.html

I'm trying to get Business and Personal T&Cs for accounts opened in 1989. Charges are for the period between 1994-2004.

If you know how to get them I'd be really grateful!

Gandolfi

I think I might be able to find out for you.

Edited by yourbank
  • Haha 1

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Another query....hoping this is the correct place to ask.

As well as my T&Cs, I also want to get copies of all letters sent to me by Natwest for my Personal and Business accounts (there are many over the years!). I asked on my original SAR (two years ago!) but just got statements from them.

Am I entitled to see them?

Do they still exist (1994-2004)?

Most importantly, how do I persuade Natwest to supply them while my court case is stayed...? Are they obliged to supply them under the Data Protection Act regardless of my claim?

All advice on how to get them, much appreciated.

Gandolfi

Another query....hoping this is the correct place to ask.

As well as my T&Cs, I also want to get copies of all letters sent to me by Natwest for my Personal and Business accounts (there are many over the years!). I asked on my original SAR (two years ago!) but just got statements from them.

Am I entitled to see them?

Do they still exist (1994-2004)?

Most importantly, how do I persuade Natwest to supply them while my court case is stayed...? Are they obliged to supply them under the Data Protection Act regardless of my claim?

All advice on how to get them, much appreciated.

Gandolfi

Archive notes on the account exist 1994 to Oct 2002 and if you ask for the Archive notes, then they should supply them.

Archive notes on the account exist 1994 to Oct 2002 and if you ask for the Archive notes, then they should supply them.

Brilliant.

Where is the best place to write? Head office? Telford (where the accounts ended up)? Or, original branch?

Should I point out that I already submitted a SAR in 2007 for this information and give them 7 days to supply it? What if they don't supply the archive notes? Can I say that I will seek an order from the court for them to comply?

Thanks again,

Gandolfi

Brilliant.

Where is the best place to write? Head office? Telford (where the accounts ended up)? Or, original branch?

Should I point out that I already submitted a SAR in 2007 for this information and give them 7 days to supply it? What if they don't supply the archive notes? Can I say that I will seek an order from the court for them to comply?

Thanks again,

Gandolfi

If you did a SAR in 2007 then you can tell them that you also require the archive notes. I wouldn't put a timescale on it, I didn't and I did send a SAR to NatWest but I used their office in Edinburgh for the SAR.

• 4 months later...

I just recieved all my son's bank statement going back to 1995 although it took a lot of effort and writing. Joyce E Tudor is the woman you should conatact at the Bishopsgate address.

I spent 3 months writing and over 50 letter although many are to do with 7 different complaints. But I am having trouble with the Crdit card peple and they insist that the OFT has said that only 6 years of statements need be sent off.

• 1 year later...
Bankfodder, I am 100% that NatWest data does go further back than 6 years so if that is what they are saying then it is a lie- and I do not use that word likely. Branches have something called the NatWest Archive a notes system from the old NatWest Bank plc days. It was effectively frozen in time on October 2nd 2002. The old system recorded a note automatically when a DD/cheque/SO was returned or whether it was paid even if it took it over the limit. It contains Marketing notes, complaints and a lot more else besides. All this info is not new info to the forum as I posted it months ago. These notes would go back to 1991.

i only got 6 years worth. i just phoned their them on 0845 711 4477 and their representative

denied the records go back any further than years. How can i make them give me ALL

the information i requested?

Edited by pop_gun

• 1 year later...

closed for ref now only

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks