Dpa sent 24.4 Barclaycard

rogerebaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a note: Barclaycard are well known for cashing the DPA cheque onto your Barclaycard balance instead of using it for the DPA request. Id check your balance to see if theyve done this.

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

LBA sent 27/06/06, Claim Started 25/07/06, 14/08/06 Charges refunded!

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

Statements back to May 2004 arrived on Saturday. Usual letter about the microfishe. There was also a very large computer printout regarding the complete account history. It is a bit confusing but interesting. Hidden on one of the pages it states the number of missed payments and the number of times over the limit during the account history.

My first approach for payment will be based on this number X by £20

I will also continue with the SAR for the missing years and add that to the summons if they do not comply

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

Guest BlueRuby

Roger, where on the printout were the hidden details about late payments & overlimit charges etc? I can't find anything like that on the printout they sent my son. What was the heading on the section sheet?

I had two sets of prfintouts one for each of my sons.

On one of them it is on the bottom of page four under heading Cardholder / account details

It has a sub heading Months overlimit and then a number

Then just underneath about 3 lines further down it has number of times one payment missed

On the second sons printout it has the same info about Months overlimit and missed payments but in missed payments it has 0 having looked at ther statements I have he has deffinately missed some payments so I havnt worked out why it says 0.

I havnt had a great deal of time to study it in detail which I will do tomorrow and try and make some sense of it.

Ill let you know if I can deciphere it in more detail

7 actions in progress

Guest BlueRuby

Thanks Roger. I KNOW my son was overlimit and late with payment many many times so I think I may have to follow Bookworm's route and make something up to try and force their hand!

Having examined the print out all day it makes no sense at all. In fact it bears no resembalance to the statements that I have from May 2004.

I may sit on these for a few days and hopefully the DPA issue with Barclaycard will be sorted.

7 actions in progress

• 3 weeks later...

Hows your claim going?

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

Ive got three others at the Money claim stage so Im holding off on this one for a while.

It gets surprisingly busy once it gets going.

Im rather hoping someone will have made Barclaycard disclose statements before May 2004 before I start on this claim, make life a little easier

7 actions in progress

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know, i have started a claim against Barclaycard (~i have my own thread), they refused to send all statements and i have therefore started a claim against them for estimated interest and included in my claim that Barclaycard failed to send all information under the DPA request.

Its now up to them to correct the amount/provide the statements, so hopefully i would of forced them to send the statements or to confirm the actual charge amounts. Am sure you could do the same.

Abbey Claim

Alliance & Leicester

• 2 weeks later...

LBA sent to barclaycard 13.7.06. Only covers charges from May 2004 560GBP. When they have kindly returned these charges I will use some of the money to pay for the pre 2004 statements. Make another claim and include the 3quid per statement as costs.

This seems the least troublesome route and it can all be done via MCOL. Potentially I could lose about 100 GBP getting the statements but Im about 2 grand up at the moment and feeling lucky.

7 actions in progress

• 1 month later...

Barclay cards only response to the LBA was a default letter received today.

MCOL completed for just short of 600 Quid. This only covers from May 2004. I expect at least that again when This is won and I pay for the remainder of statements

Letter to Barclay card reminding them of S13 / 6 of Banking Code re defaulting accounts in dispute

7 actions in progress

• 1 month later...

Getting a letter a day from Barclaycard at the moment. Several apologising about the delay in dealing with my complaint about threatening to default an account in dispute. I can bearly be bothered to open them they contain so much rubbish.

Received barclaycards defence and AQ today

same old Mr Jeremiah

Hes gonna be sick off me by Christmas

3 ongoing with Barclays and one settled !!

7 actions in progress

• 4 weeks later...

Barclays defended and AQ completed and sent in.

They have very kindly credited the account with 260.00 without any mention of it being in settlement just being the difference between 12.00 and 20.00

They gave me no choice of accepting it or not just credited the account.

I think I will write to the court stating the claim has been part settled but the case for the rest goes on.

Re the microfishe issue. I will write to Barclaycard and remind them that in light of the decision re Abbeys microfishe best they coff up with the missing 2 years ASAP.

7 actions in progress

I've also gone down this route, I only sent the Preliminary letter last week, L.B.A due to be sent on 27th October.

Just to let you know, i have started a claim against Barclaycard (~i have my own thread), they refused to send all statements and i have therefore started a claim against them for estimated interest and included in my claim that Barclaycard failed to send all information under the Data Protection Act request.

Its now up to them to correct the amount/provide the statements, so hopefully i would of forced them to send the statements or to confirm the actual charge amounts. Am sure you could do the same.

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 27th Sep

Partial Statements (Microfiche etc) received 5th Oct

Preliminary Request (Estimated Charges £864) Sent 11th Oct

L.B.A (Data Protection Act) Sent 12th oct

£288 Offered 18th Oct

Letter Before Action Sent 27th October

MCOL 10th November

Claim Acknowledged 29th November

Court Date Set for 27th April

Captial One

S.A.R sent 27th Sep

L.B.A (Data Protection Act) Sent 4th November

Preliminary Request for £633 and removal of default sent 22 November

L.B.A Sent 12th December

N1 Filed 25th Janaury

Halifax

S.A.R sent 11th Sep

Preliminary Request for £327.95 sent 30th Oct

L.B.A sent 15th November

MCOL 29th November

Settled - £443.98 14th December

Directions hearing has been set for 25th October.

Same day and time as my daughters so its gonna be a family day out

looking at the court list there is about 20 bank charges cases all on the same day.

Any one else at Kingston County court next wednesday !!!

7 actions in progress

• 3 months later...

Having been refunded the charges since may 2004 I wrote to Barclaycard requesting statements pre May 2004.

They claimed that they are correct and the IC is wrong but supplied them in any case. They also stated that they wouldnt communicate anymore with me regarding this matter.

nice of them.

Ive worked out they owe another 120.00. IAP will be going out Monday

7 actions in progress

• 1 month later...

I decided to spend a bit of time calulating exactly the interest they had charged on these older charges. Took about 2 hours and a calculater but managed to come out with a figure of about £350.

IAP sent and quick reply offering £120

LBA will be sent next week refusing the offer

7 actions in progress

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was allowed to apply for a judgement online a couple of days ago due to the fact that Barclays had not entered a defence.

MCOL now states that judgement rejected defence entered on the 24.4.07.

This is a bit strange as I didnt fill the MCOL until the 23.4.07

Perhaps MCOL are getting a bit stretched.

anyway barclaycard part two continues.

7 actions in progress

• 1 month later...

Direction hearing is set for 2.15 today

The litigation team at Barclays are adamant a representative will be attending.

Im looking forward to finally getting near a court

7 actions in progress

• 2 weeks later...

Final update.

Appeared at court on the 25th and did in fact meet the Barclays barrister. Its a shame she didnt bring with her anything relevant to the case and as a result it was adjourned

Then I had had an interesting morning with mercers on the phone. For some reason Barclaycard decided to refer the balance to mercers for collection which considering where inbetween court cases I thought was a bit un called for.

I continually told mercers the matter was in dispute and that they should refer it back to barclaycard.

Their only answer seemed to be "how much would you like to pay today sir"

I did try to ring Barclaycard but did a tour of the sub continent and eventually gave up.

In a flash of inspiration I decided to email Paul Haut at Barclays litigation to see if he could help. He was very amiable and he agreed to settle for the full amount. I did have a brief chat with him about the up and coming test case and he said pending that case they would only settle Credit card claims and wouldnt entertain any settlement on the overdraft charges.

If hes good to his word this should be the end of this particular claim allthough I have a feeling that Barclaycard have sneaked a cheeky little default on the credit file which will result in a complaint to the FSA in due course and a further 400.00 bill for barclaycard.

7 actions in progress

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update.

As suspected Barclaycard had registered a default whilst the matter was in dispute so I decided to impliment the banks complaint proceedure alleging they had breached the banking code.

That was a torturous affair to say the least but eventually last week they agreed to remove the default.

A good result eventually.

Im just about finished with the re claiming game having got back almost every single penny paid by the kids.

I wish you all good luck when the bun fest resumes next year that is assuming the banks havnt all gone bust as a result of their greed in the mortgage business.

If the judgment goes against them next year it could be the final nail in the coffin and perhaps then we can get back to ethical local banking with decent customer service at a reasnoble cost.

7 actions in progress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks