Me v BOS charges and PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Send my letter to BOS last wednesday (6th Dec) - ive had a CC with them for the past 10 yrs and been paying PPI and charges each and evey month. Not sure i've done it correctly but i have submitted both my data protection request giving the 40 days with 10 pounds and in the same letter requested my CCA agreement with 12 days notice and 1 pound fee (used the wording from somewhere else on this site). Once i posted it all, it dawned on me that perhaps they should have been seperate letters. Do you see any problem with this?

Anyway - no reply so far. Thing is, not sure how my claim is affected by the value of caliming back the PPI (i'm 100% sure i never agreed to PPI, in the 20 odd credit agreements i've had i have never had PPI) i think my PPI payments for the past 6 years will be around 5k and charges will have to run to well over 1.5k. But i guess i shouldnt jump the gun and should wait for their reply.

Also - i sent two cheques for payment, but this evening i found a post saying use postal orders, whys that?

I've waffled enough and will update you as and when. If this goes OK then i'll start looking at the other CC and accounts.

the use of postal orders is for a security reason so not to give bank account details to them i think.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

Hi

Had a thought :roll: - can i claim for all the time it takes for me to compile my claim? So far i must have spent 10-15 hrs reading and doing background research. Although interesting, it's not really what i want to spend my time doing.

If i can claim for time, is there a standard rate or should i apply my contract work rate?

Thoughts please...................

one thought i have heard expressed on this subject is that if you claim for expenses so could the bank and in the event of you not winning the costs you would be liable for would be much larger than the costs you could claim as a lay person. as i say it is just one view i have heard expressed.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad: