Is anyone actually getting their statements from GE?

skyrocket123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 4 DPA requests in with GE Capital/Money so far. They have cashed two of the cheques. I saw that some people are being told they can only have the past 2 years of statements etc. Is anyone actually getting their statements for the past 6 years and has anyone had to report them to the IC yet and if so what happened?

I knew that of ALL the companies I went after these would be the most difficult. They have a really nasty attitude and some of their staff are some of the most unpleasant people i have had the misfortune of dealing with in my life.

BOS - Prelim letter del 19/5/06 LBA del. no response - filed 12/06

Clydesdale Financial Services - Gave them their chances off to court we go!

HSBC - Watch out I'm coming after you next!

If you like anything I say click the scales!

No, problems with them too. Credited my cheque to the account, took it as a payment and have not acknowledged the DPA request. Received letter from them requesting .50p statement. Will 'phone tomorrow but they are so unhelpful. If no joy am thinking about reporting them rather than send reminder as they are clearly stalling...

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Yasmin

So they cashed the cheque then asked for 50p per statement on top? Cheeky b~%tards!

My experience of them is you won't get anywhere by phoning them. They are well-versed in the art of being hard-faced b#~%"&*ds.

You'd be better writing another letter informing them of the remaining time ticking away and that you will report them to the IC if they don't comply. After all it isn't statements you asked for.

Sky x

Tnx for advice Sky, yep ur right better not to call them. Sent letter reminding them of time ticking LOL...let's hope they comply!

• Confused 1

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

• 2 weeks later...

ive also had a lot of problems with them. i rung them up 3weeks ago asking for statements for the last 4years. told me they can only go back 2years and that i would have to pay 50p per statement! i told them i want them for the last 4years and the most they will get out of me is £10. they backed down and said i would get them in 3 - 5 working days, but said for me to allow 10days. i thought great im finally getting sum where - until today.

recieved a final notice letter demanding i pay £518 in 48hrs. i got on the phone and told them they will not get a penny until i get my statements. he got stuck for words then said the statements were sent out on the 2 / 5. i feel im not getting anywhere, so tonight im going to sit down and write to them giving them 10days to get me my statements or i will go to the i.c. i will also enclose the max fee of £10 and seend it by recorded delivery. im going to fight this to the end!!! plus im 6months pregnant and the evil hormones have kicked in so they better watch out!!! lol good luck to u all. :lol:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks