New action - BOS

scotspaul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm going after BoS for my fees on three accounts for the last 6 years, mine, my partners and our joint bill payment acc.

I have an account in a branch in Edinburgh but have been living in London for 9 years and am intending to do this under English law.

I just called BoS phone line and got a very nice lady who said 'no problem sir' charged me a fiver per account and promised to get the statements sent in 5 - 10 working days. We'll see what happens.

On a vague moral-philosophical point, while I do feel bad that bill payments and direct-debits are missed and that I overstep my overdraft from time to time, a £39 charge per item is a little steep and does reek of profiteering and punishment rather than legitimate recovery of incurred costs on the bank's part.

I'm guessing my fees over the 6 years will come to more than 5k per account - ought I to split this over separate requests in order to come under the English small claims court?

Cheers,

Scotspaul

• 2 weeks later...

hi paul welcome and good luck.

you would probably be better to take these separately through small claims imo it keeps it simple for you.

DPA SAR to get statements is the best course as it gives you writen documentation and banks sometimes "forget" to send your statements out. you will find all the relevant letters in the library and if all accounts are with one bank one letter and fee covers all of them.

some usefull links for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

finally the best advice i can give you is to read lots on the site while you are waiting for your statements that way you will know exactly what to do as soon as your statements arrive.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad: