Initial Letter Sent

susanm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have heard absolutely nothing from Abbey, in my initial letter i requested statements etc.. but also stated that court proceedings would started within 7 days . I am unsure of the overall amount should i start a claim for up to 2500 ( max in NI) and then another claim for the excess ( i am sure my charges are over 2500) when i receive my statements as requested.

Susanm

I'm afraid that the letter which you uised has been withdraw and replaced as it caused too many problems - as you are finding out.

Write to them and merely confirm that the DPA request is now running and there are XX days to run.

Wait for the list of charges.

Guest stephen

No sorry Susanm does to need to wait

If Susanm knows that approximately her charges are £2500 then she can put in a claim for up to £3500 or £4000 and just put in the claim that it includes interest on the charges at 8%.

The bank will soon send out the statements, Abbey even added all mine up and worked out the interest for me, then sent it me asking me to confirm the figure,

there no way they wanted to pay me more than I was entiltiled too. so they became very helpfull. LOL

I still haven't heard from the abbey ( no surprise) i am going to send this letter tommorow any comments on if this is okay would be very welcome.

I am writing to you regarding your lack of response to my letter dated 18/2/06 in which I requested a refund of all the charges levied onto this account.

Your responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I calculate that you have levied charges in excess of £4000 from this account. Additionally you have entered a default notice against our credit records. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by the Abbey and the resulting financial hardship they caused.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I would also remind you that my last letter which was received by yourselves on the 21/02/2006 was a formal request under the data protection act for my statements for the last 6 Years, this gives you 40 days to provide this information to myself. Therefore if I have not received these requested statements by the 3rd of April 2006 I will be initiating proceedings for recovery in the county courts.

If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this time period there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

dear susanm, is there any chance you could send me a rough draft of the earlier letter(s) to abbey, as your wording is so much better than mine

steter from dover, successfully reclaimed £2700 from Abbey thanks to THIS website

:D

I have been told by an Abbey employee that the subject access report ( £10 fee) allows you to see all the info kept by Abbey on you, but it only allows you to go into the branch and view the records. I am unsure if you can even photocopy the info does anyone know??

Well they are very inventive, aren't they.

It's rubbish, of course. Who told you this? Did you get their name? Will they put it in writiing?

My understanding of the DPA is that they must provide you with a copy of any data.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a little unsure now about when to start my calim i had intended to start on the 3/1/06 which is 40 days after my dpa request but i diodn't send the #10 fee with this. I filled out the subject access form on the 9/3/06 and i havn'e heard anything yet. Can I initiate my first claim on the 3/4/06 for an estimated ammount as the haven;t complied with my DPA request or should i wait until 40 days after subject acces request.

I would wait 40 days 40 days from date of payment. Filing a Claim for an estimated amount has problems of its own. Keep it simple even if you have to wait a bit longer,

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

certainly i will email the letters i am currenly on laptop and will email them when i go onto desktop, but i just used the letters from the library and ammended them slightly
rary.

Hi there,

Could you please help me? I noticed you said t someone else that you used the letters in the library, i cant find the library! Could u email me them, or tell me wherre to find the library.

This is the third time i have been on trying to find the library.

Hope you dont mind me asking

Thanks Lorraine 851

EDIT

email address removed ..

libary is at the top of the main page http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

for your own privacy please do not put your email address on the forum ,If you need to give it to someone you can PM them it

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

libary is at the top of the main page http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

for your own privacy please do not put your email address on the forum ,If you need to give it to someone you can PM them it

Hi again,

Thanks for the link and advice re my email address.

Have now prepared first letter, thanks again

Lorraine851

• 3 weeks later...

The 40 days from the data subject access request is up today. I still haven,t heard anything and my cheque has not been cashed. I did receive a receipt from the branch which states i have made the request. As i am still not sure of the exact amount can i initate small claims proceedings tommorrow & report the shabbey to the IC. Also should i expect to receive the info requested through the post? I know that the shabbey have to provide a hard copy as i asked the IC.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks