Welcome to the Scottish Forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone and welcome to the Scottish sub-forum, where we can discuss and post all things relating to Bank charges up here in Scotland. This is in addition to posting in the regular bank groups but will hopefully give people a central point of reference when pursuing a claim north of the border.

Woolfie

• Haha 1

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Fantastic.

I think the mods are going searching for Scottish posts and moving them to here.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hiya. I'm chuffed to bits that I came across this forum via Money Saving Expert. Now I'm not a usual canny Scot and if I've a fiver in my pocket, I'm itching until I've spent it! However, I am generally good at keepin in the black as far as my bank account goes but over the last two months or so I got a bit carried away with Ebay and unknowingly went into the red. About 6 or 7 times!! That's £30 a time plus sometimes £28 administration fees!!!! The maddening thing is sometimes when they were deducting the charges, they were making me overdrawn and charging me again!!!! Is that allowed?

So, now I'm in a blind panic to recoup the monies that would normally be sitting in my bank account instead BOS have claimed it!!!! Plenty of exclamation marks eh? I'm borrowin off Peter now and trying to pay Paul cuz The Bank of Scotland have sucked me dry. I'm really annoyed that they sit back and pull it all in. I have my Mortgage and Buildings and Contents with this bank too! They're gettin enough from me as it is!

I don't think I'd have tonnes to reclaim. Probably £400 max over the past 5 years. Do you think this is acceptable to file a claim for this amount? Other people seem to be in their thousands. I know to me £400 is a big amount......... that was maybe a silly question. Could you point me in the right direction to get the ball rolling and how to get started with this? Thanks for takin time to read this and if I've done this in the wrong place, I apologise in advance. :-)

Oh and could you tell me if the Bank will charge me if I ask for copies of statements going back 5 years?

Sherry. x

Hey there Sherry and welcome.

The best thing for you to do is spend a couple of days looking round the site read some of the threads and certainly the FAQ's. The information you will get is invaluable and will give you the confidence to continue.

Dont be put off by some of the large claims, there are plenty of people claiming less than you. Never forget this is your money the banks have taken and you deserve it back.

Start your own thread in the relevant bank group this will allow you to keep a track of how your claim is progressing and also let others comment and answer any questions you have.

To start the ball rolling you need to send a DPA letter to your bank with the standard £10 fee. For this the bank have to supply you with all information they hold on you which is covered by the data protection act. There are template letters in the library for this as well as letters to send when you are ready to claim.

There is also a very helpful step by step guide.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Good luck

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oh my God - I'm soooooo sorry! I just deleted my previous message as I knew it was in the wrong place! I hadn't noticed you'd replied - duh! I'm such a klutz! Thanks so much for your speedy reply. I've been routing around this site and it's bloody marvellous! Bit nervous about the bank closing my account - that would be terrible and such a hassle!

Anyhoo - thanks again and apologies again for typin in the wrong place.

Sherry. x :-D

Go for it!!! hehehe

Woolfie x

Hiya folks, I'll keep looking in, glad I found the Scottish answers.

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

I believe that the statute of limitations in Scotland is 5 years - although, as they concealed the truth from you about the legalities of what they were doing, it could be argued that the limitations act does not apply.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hello everyone and welcome to the Scottish sub-forum, where we can discuss and post all things relating to...?Woolfie

was this a typo woolfie?

I know how much you northerners like your alcohol.

Not Scottish, but can I have honorary citizenship?

(sorry had to edit, I've just noticed one of your first members has the name "Sherry".. now there's a suprise..)

Good Luck!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

i would personally try for 6 years....i did, but when the sheriff's clerk inspected paperwork, she went away through the back of the office, then came back and stated that i would have to change to 5 years, as this rule applies in Scotland

But it's your claim, and your decision.......might be worth a try

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

Hello,

Are there previous posts here to do with Visa cards? Or are they within the category of the bank where you got the visa card with (its HBOS for me)?

I don't want to be repeating things because there are lots of warnings against doing that, so if someone could show me where to go that would be great, thanks!

Jenny

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks