• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Triton Credit Services

AllanLyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Triton Credit Services is a Debt Collection Agency who work for Royal Bank of Scotland.

I've had them after me once, with regards to a debt with Style Financial Services Limited, who are part of Royal Bank of Scotland.

Unfair penalty charges reclaimed from Barclays - £700; BarclayCard - £380 + £132 extra; Style (RBOS) - £245 - County Court Judgement

against RBOS awarded - Judgement transferred to Registers of Scotland - Sheriff Officer (Bailiffs) action taken.

Travel insurance claim with Alpha (URV) pursued through the Financial Ombudsman - £704

• 2 weeks later...

13 December... Recieved a letter with copy of a RBS ADVANTA (Mint)agreement it does not have a signature box for them to sign but has been stamped with a ordinary ink stamp " On behalf of RBS ADVANTA 27 Jan 1998" and a couple of initials underneath. This could have been done yesterday for all I know.... does anyone else have the same kind of authorisation stamp.

The second account

In the same letter Triton say " Unfortunatlely our client has been unable to to locate a copy of the original Credit Agreement, for the Royal Bankof Scotland account" I am correct in thinking that they cannot now recover monies on theis account or take it to the county court?

• 2 years later...

I was contacted by Triton on behalf of RBS about 6 months ago and arranged a payment plan of £80 a month, which was fine. Now they have called me again saying that this was only temporary and I now need to pay £210 a month, which I cant really afford. Firstly, I was never advised that the £80 a month was a temporary plan and second, how far do you think the bullying will go before they take any court action?? The guys that call do not want to take no for an answer and are threatening court action, even though I know if it goes that far they wont get anything like £210 a month out of me!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi ssj3baker,

Further to my conversations with Triton, I eventually told them I would cancel the standing order and that they could just pass it over to their legal team if the bullying was going to continue. They instantly changed their tune and we arranged a more suitable amount to pay. I told them that I wanted the arrangment in writing before I would pay the next installment. They were nothing but helpful after that. It appears that tough love works with them. But we shall see what happens when this 6 month arrangment is up!!

• 4 weeks later...

Complete newbie to these forums but joined after looking at some of the chatter about Triton. I received a letter from them after a long standing dispute with Natwest. I was dreading contacting them last week after reading about other experiences but the first person I spoke to seemed quite pleasant (more so than the draconian staff at the Natwest Collections dept). After that initial contact I've received calls from Triton every day, starting off with the 'worst case scenario' threats but I think they do change their tune if you make it known that they aren't scaring you and you are more informed than their average victim. To be honest, I feel that rather than try and negotiate reduced payments with them it would be better if they did pass the debt on to someone else.

I got a call from Triton in work today, and the person introduced themselves as being from 'Natwest'. After challenging him he corrected himself and said he was calling from Triton, but he seemed to be unsure as to who he was acting on behalf of and what he was doing. When I said I'd fax my Financial Outgoings and Creditors list the number I was given was in fact, the fax number for Natwest Collections. Weird huh?

• 2 weeks later...

Triton was original owned by Nat West, but obviously was absorbed into the group when RBS took over.

As with all these things, DCAs attempt to exploit a persons lack of knowledge.

I am very surprised that they phoned one of the respondents to this post at work, if you express a desire not to be phoned at work they shouldn't be calling you there - to do so breaks "OFT Debt Collections guidance on unfair practices" and would be sufficient cause for complaint - obviously letting Triton know that you are complaining.

Likewise if a DCA phones you when you have come to an arrangement with your creditor to request an immediate increase in that arrangement, full payment, or payment in advance of your normal date again that breaches the OFT guidance.

A lot of DCAs are cowboys and often make threats they have no intention of carrying out, threatening legal action with no intention to carry it out is also a breach of OFT guidelines.

OFT website with contact details to submit complaint:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus

OFT Debt Collection Guidance on unfair practices, very handy to familiarise yourself with:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 2 months later...

hi, I have read these posts and feel I would like to comment. I have been contacted by Triton regarding my RBs account. I have missed one payment, through no fault of my own, and they said they'd pass it onto their legal team? any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I have letters from Triton Credit Services, PO Box 183, Telford. These clearly state that it is a registered business name of The Royal Bank Of Scotland. Registered in Scotland No 90312.

I too have spoken with unpleasant people there. A few years ago I had to close a small company and had given a personal guarantee for the overdraft with Natwest. This was about 13000 in 2003 and I have been paying 150 a month on a standing order with no problems except that every few months Triton write to me demanding Urgent Action and refer to the "short term agreement" that now needs review. This has always resulted in me continuing to pay 150 per month. Last September they told me the amount outstanding was 9000. I wrote and asked for a full account. How was it arrived at and how my payments have been applied. No reply. I called and was told no letter received. I recently received another letter to tell me the amount had increased by over a 1000. So I wrote again recorded delivery and sent the letter by fax. No reply, so I call and an extremely rude girl tells me that no letters have been received and that in any case they cannot give account details other than the total amount outstanding. This has to be ridiculous.

My own bank - still the Natwest - seem to know nothing about it. I suspect there is a way to bring these people to heel and I now have the time and inclination to find it.