Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dpgunn v RBS

Default dpgunn v RBS

I would like to know why account charges seem to vary from month to month. Sometimes it is 24 and sometimes 40 or more. I'm assuming this is due to the account going into debit, but it seems to that it doesn't have to be much debit or for long to attract these charges. Is it allowable to include the charges in your interest claim?
    ----------------------------------------------
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...external+links A-Z INDEX. really uselful

GaryH useful tips for court phase:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...er.php?u=19614

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ompletion.html really useful

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...xternal-links/

http://www.kendallfreeman.com/kf-pdf...%20article.PDF good case

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...tml#post732094 Imp. stuff preparing bundle.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-get-your.html Letter thanking, but not accepting as final settlement.
    ------------------------------------------
    (I already had my statements saved, sad lad)
    14.12.2006: Preliminary letter to RBOS.
    7.1.2007: LBA. Claim: 5085.12 (This includes interest component)
    3.2.2007: N1 sent to county courticon. Fee 250, because > 5k
    23.2.2007: Ackn of Service - bank defends.
    13.3.2007: Defence received.
    15.3.2007: AQ received & filed c court, + Order for Directions + Response to
    Defense
    3.4.2007: General Form of Judgement received.
    5.4.2007: Copy RBOS AQ received.
    12.4.2007: Notice of Allocation & Hearing - small claimsicon (Date 24.7.07)
    Court accepts small claimsicon figure.
    2.5.2007: Court bundle sent Registered mail.
    14.5.2007 - BANK PAYS IN FULL. 4781.93

Similar Threads:
      Follows
      Following

Default Re: Rbsbattler

Does it state what the charges are for?

No, it just says 'charge to ...' then the date up to which the charge was being levied. I haven't asked bank itself yet, I guess I don't want to show my hand too early. I do have an overdraft on the account, but the charge changes from month to month quite substantially.

That charge is a mixture of Royalties fee and Over-limit penalty.

Royalties fee was 8 then 10 now 12. I don't know how others have approached the problem but I intend to average the fee at 10 and take that off each month to leave the penalty.

I am taking an average of the fee because the bank won't tell me when the rate changes took place.

Follows
      Following

Talking Re: Rbsbattler

I'm pretty sure I could tell you when charges changed, because I have kept my original statements and it is fairly obvious when the charges increase. However, I like your idea as it seems we really shouldn't be doing the banks work for it in this case. So I shall take an average of 10 off as well. ta.

Can anyone tell me what a referral charge is, please?

'Referral charge' is when they pay a DDicon that you didn't have funds to cover, as opposed to 'Returned DD' which is when they don't pay it....damned if they do, damned if they don't!

Claim them back.

Follows
      Following

Default Reply from bank

I sent in my request for over charging about 3 weeks ago. Royal Bank of Scotlandicon, 3,800. I have received no reply so far, is this ususal?

Default Re: Reply from bank

request for charging? do you mean a letter requesting a refund?

Default Re: dpgunn v RBS

Yes, I HAVE NOT yet sent any formal notice of legal action. It's just a request to refund the 'illegal' - that is the letter downloaded from this site.

I set up a post on calculating RBSicon charges. You can find it here.

This should help you break down your charges.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
      Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
      Follows
      Following

Would anyone care to answer my original question - which was "Is it unusual for the bank not to send any answer in the first 3 to 4 weeks?" If so, when should I remind them that I do expect some form of reply?

If the bank have failed to respond in the time you stipulated then go to the next stage, what ever that may be.
      Send the lbaicon stick to your time limits.

Right. I have sent my lbaicon. I have also recieved my copy of small claimsicon Made Easy. Interesting read.
      I will get my N1 in if I need to, I'm thinking of doing it online as it looks easy & neat. Has anyone had experience of electronic applications? I've read a few posts about fast trackicon, is this the same?
      Also it seems to want the name of my local court (somewhere in the Durham area). Is there a place I can go to find a list of appropriate courts?

I also have difficulty navigating the site (not very computer literate, e.g. what in heaven's sake happens when you furl a post?). I would like to link to the A-Z index post & also Karnevil (as it hyperlinks to all the essential documents). I tried clicking the icon "link to this post", but nothing seems to have happened. Can you advise.

Could someone look at my previous post & see if they can answer any or part of it. Thanks.

fast trackicon is a higher court, the no cost rule does not apply.
      Using MCOL is a convenient way of issuing a claim.
      Have a good read of the FAQs theirs also a new template for the MCOL.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgunn View Post
      Right. I have sent my lbaicon. I have also recieved my copy of small claimsicon Made Easy. Interesting read.
      I will get my N1 in if I need to, I'm thinking of doing it online as it looks easy & neat. Has anyone had experience of electronic applications? I've read a few posts about fast trackicon, is this the same?
      Also it seems to want the name of my local court (somewhere in the Durham area). Is there a place I can go to find a list of appropriate courts?

I also have difficulty navigating the site (not very computer literate, e.g. what in heaven's sake happens when you furl a post?). I would like to link to the A-Z index post & also Karnevil (as it hyperlinks to all the essential documents). I tried clicking the icon "link to this post", but nothing seems to have happened. Can you advise.
      Thought I'd just let you know.....I haven't a clue. All my have so far settled prior to court so unfortunately, I can't help. As for navigating the site, don't know what you're talking about so I guess it's beyond me too

If you need a response from someone, why don't you pm a link to this thread to one of the more experienced / advanced peeps that hang around RBSicon, livelylad springs to mind, however, there are others. Open a few posts and see who the knowledgable peeps are and pm one of them asking them if they'd be so kind as to sort your court questions

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
      Follows
      Following

how do you 'pm'?

Sorry........pm as in private message, easiest way to do this is click on the persons name on a post (where it says "Basic Account Customer" or something similar), a menu will appear and you can select "click on send private message".

Follows
      Following

Thanks, that helps alot - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
    We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details