Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default RBS-Fobbing me off?

I have sent the preliminary letter requesting repayment of charges off to RBSicon. Today my husband went into the branch to withdraw some money. The cashier said that she was dealing with my letter and there was a reply in the post saying the charges were fair and we would not be getting them back, which is precisely what I expected. However she also said that there was a ruling today which was in the daily mail which said that these charges were fair. I can't find this article, has anybody seen it? The only thing that I can find that is remotely related is the Competition Commission ruling that interest rates from loan lenders will not be capped and that lenders have to publish their charges. Am I being fobbed off? Or is she right. Please tell me that I haven't missed the boat.