Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    tanzi10 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2006

Default tanzi10 v RBOS

I sent my claim to RBOS on 15 November requesting repayment of 1719.59 taken from my now closed account in charges over the past 5 years. I received a reply from their customer care department dated 20 November saying that they had passed my claim to their customer relations department as it related to the bank's charging policy, and they would respond to me directly within 10 working days. The 14 days I gave them to respond has now gone so should I now proceed with the lbaicon or wait another few days to see if customer relations contact me?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder
    Scrofula Novitiate

Default Re: tanzi10 v RBOS

I'd proceed with your lbaicon, you issued a clear timescale with your first letter and they are flannelling. You could wait ad nauseum, best to crack on!

Basic Account Holder
    tanzi10 Novitiate

I received a reply today from Tommy McLean at customer relations stating that they would not be refunding any charges as they believe them to be 'fair, reasonable and transparent', and that the OFT's statement of 5 April 2006 related to credit card accounts only and not current accounts. I am going to proceed with the lbaicon now but have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with. Firstly should I send the lbaicon addressed to Tommy McLean at customer relations in Edinburgh or to the customer care care team in Telford where I sent the original claim to? Secondly should I amend the date of service on the charges speadsheet to the date I am sending the LBA or leave it the same as on the first request for repayment I sent? Lastly I have added interest on at 8% which after reading several other posts think this was maybe the wrong thing to do as it seems that this is only added on at the court stage. Should I remove the interest from the spreadsheet I am sending with the LBA or leave it on as I am not sure how to calculate the actual interest incurred as a direct result of the charges. I thought this was interest I was charging them for having money of mine for the last 5 years. The spreadsheet I am using is the excel simple, Scotland one.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Basic Account Holder
    erinamanda Novitiate

I thought the same about the interest, but I don't think it matters much as if they settle out of court, you will only get the actual amount in charges, not any interest; you've just saved yourself some time later if you have to go to court. I sent my DPA letter on 7th Nov and was offered 1350 today from Tommy McLean, they owe me another 650 so I'm rejecting the offer. Seems strange they have offered me money but not you. As far as i'm aware, you don't ammend the date of service, it remains the same as when you first contacted them

Basic Account Holder
    tanzi10 Novitiate

I sent my lbaicon on the 5th December giving them another 14 days to pay the 1719.59 they owe me. I expect that they will refuse to pay again or offer a reduced settlement, so am preparing now for the court stage. As I live in Scotland I understand I have to make a claim called a Summary Cause through the Sheriff Court, but the maximum that can be claimed is 1500. Should I split the claim into 2 or just claim for 1500? Any advice would be appreciated.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details