Barclaycard & Microfiche - they are wrong - OFFICIAL

JLW61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got the same response from ICO. Claiming that the banks told them 6 years is "industry standard".

Not good that the banks are basically now telling the ICO what to say - so what's the point of ICO!?

With the backlog of caseloads they had at the end of the year it was inevitable a "cleansing" excercise of cases would take place I feel.

S.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt recommend going to the ICO, I did - and after nearly 12 months of waiting the ICO said 'probably Bsrclaycard not have data of more than 6 years - complaint closed'.

Final LBA to Barclaycard resulted in them saying send us a tenner, they have already had the £10 fee - so its off to the Small Claims Court to get disclosure.

Sorry noomill060 - should have done this over 6 months ago like you told me to.

Beachy

You live and learn, beachy

NOW GO GET 'EM-

TAKE NO PRISONERS!! icon10.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Guys

I am currently in the process of trying to get information relating to my MSDW account that was taken over by Barclaycard. So far I have had very little success. Can anyone tell me if they have been successful in getting information over 6 years old?

Cheers

FMC

Abbey National SAR sent 15/03/2010

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

Cahoot SAR sent 22/03/2010

Northern Rock SAR sent 22/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

Morgan Stanley SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

Hi FMC,

BC will say they have destroyed data over 6 years old, whether for a BC a/c or MSDW, Goldfish, etc.

You may get some info if you take court action but it's by no means guaranteed. See the thread for "Webby v BC" started by Webmaster - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?206050-Webby-v-Barclaycard-**WON-with-CCI-and-Older-Charges**

:)

Edited by slick132
added webby's link

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 8 months later...

**IMPORTANT UPDATE**

Big Congrats to Kate999 who has just succeeded in getting BC to (promise to) provide statements or data back to 1998.

After my N1 was submitted I was advised they would be defending the claim in full!

Received a call yesterday advising I would receive a copy of all my statements from 1998 till the account closed, and I would have them later this week.

Great result - really happy!

She took court action for disclosure of the data. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?286215-Barclays-want-to-start-court-action-help-please!&p=3402197&viewfull=1#post3402197

Excellent result which should be rewarded with a claim for charges plus compound interest in restitution.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 year later...

***Big Congrats*** to user Shelley, who has just got BC to produce full statement data from Jan 2002 after an Application to court for disclosure using the DP Act - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?342110-Another-Barclaycard-PPI-charges-claim&p=3893105&viewfull=1#post3893105

Well done and this should encourage others to seek older data using court action if BC say it's no longer available.

:whoo:

• 5 years later...

sticky closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks