Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    bramble2000 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2006

Default PLEASE ADVISE Scottish Court Law (750)

Hi, Please be patient with me, i am new
    I live in scotland and am owed 1700 inc of interest @ 8%
    how should i pursue this
    should i raise three court actions to recover my money say for
    sept01-sept-03 600
    octo3-sept 05 500
    oct05 -present day 600
    or should i just claim for it all in a oner
    please advise

Similar Threads:

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: PLEASE ADVISE Scottish Court Law (750)

Hi, and welcome to the site.
    You can claim between 750(small claimsicon) and 1,500(Summary Cause)
    Both will cost you 39 at the Sheriff Court. If you go down the small claimsicon route once you hand in your paper work the court do the rest for you. If you use Summary Cause the court will return the paperwork to you and you will have to get a Lawyer or Sheriff's officer to serve your claim. I believe they can charge between 15 and about 50. If you were to loose your claim it would only cost you 39 court fee using Small Claims, but I believe if you were to loose using summary cause it could cost you up into the high hundreds. Both claim forms are almost identical. I,ve been using the Small Claims route just to save the hasstle of paying a lawyer. When I say if you loose, you would have to be very very unlucky as I don't think anyone has lost yet. The bank of scotland have just informed me they are giving me 30 days notice to close my account.(nice people!)

Best wishes with your claim.
    Hope Iv'e helped a little.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details