Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    baindosan Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006

Question Baindosan against BoS-What next?

Hi all!

I sent away a prelimary approach for repayment letter that they received last Friday for charges totalling 676 and 63 interest (I had already been charged). I received a lettericon today telling me a manager will be in contact with me in no later than 4 weeks.

Do I stick to my original deadline and send them the letter befor action next week at the end of the 14 days?

Also, I have a positive bank balance at the minute and so am not being charged interest on the charges. Am I still entitled to claim the 8% or will that show the bank I don't know what I'm doing? If I am, at which point would I claim for that?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006

Default Re: Baindosan against BoS-What next?

Give them 14 days only, they are trying to stomp all over YOUR deadlines.

Apply the interest regardless of the state of your account, this is money THEY have taken from YOU and if it had been left in your account then you would have earned interest, they have borowed it off you, make them pay.

When you add the interest is a matter for debate. If you are adding it as 'contractual' then it should have gone on at the start, if you just mean the 8% that the small claimsicon court will award you, it should be left off and only claimed in the court particulars (as I understand it!)

But I see you are in Scotland so I'm not entirely sure how it goes for you.....

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details