• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tinkerbelle v BoS * * WON * *

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Fellow Forum Members 103.gif

Well I sent off my DPA on the 13th April 2006 and that included the £10 statutory fee.

The account was actually closed by the BoS, as it had an overdraft balance on it courtesy of fees applied to the account by the lovely people at BoS.

Will keep ya'll posted on developments 5.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmm....no acknowledgement, no send us money, no we'll get back to you, no we lost your letter, no microfiche excuse, no clear off, no nothing. Nowt. Nada. Zilch. Nicht!!

They haven't even bothered to cash the £10 cheque I sent them *sigh*

Think I shall start to send them daily reminders via email reminding them how many days they have left :rolleyes:

I mean..... I know that they have 40 days , but you'd think they could organise themselves a bit better and not leave it till the last minute wouldn't ya! You'd think they'd have enough experience at this sort of thing by now :rolleyes:

The sooner they can get the statements to me

The sooner I can claim my money back

The sooner I can get it into an ISA earning interest

The sooner I will have more cash to get my flat :D

Tink - did you send by recorded delivery? If not I would send another letter referring to your letter of 13/4 telling them they now have however many days left, and send that recorded. Sounds like they are trying to make it look like another lost in the post jobbie!

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Good then you have your proof of delivery so just stick to your guns - and timetable lol!! :D

Called BoS*ts this morning.

Gave woman A/C Number & Sort Code. After being on hold for 10 mins she came back to ask for the Roll Number as they couldn't find info. Gave it to her, and then she came back after about 2 mins to tell me that they still couldn't find it and suggested I call that dept direct on 08457 253 519.

I did that about 15 mins ago. After having spent close to another 15 mins on the phone, it transpires that they somehow got my DPA request confused with my current action against Halifax. :mad:

P***ed off or what! 14.gif

I asked woman if she wanted me to fax her a copy of the letter seeing as she is claiming that they didn't have it. She said I should I fax it to 0845 128 1385 - and that I should mention that it does not relate to the Halifax claim blah, blah, blah. The number apparently is the Fax Number for the dept that is dealing with all the Bank charges claims. She mentioned it. I didn't.

Sent the following:

====================================

Dear Customer Services,

I am writing with regards to my telephone call to your offices this morning.

I called to query what is happening with my DPA Request that was sent to you on the 13th April 2006 (showing as delivered to you on the 14th April 2006).

I have attached a copy of that letter that was sent to you.

Please note that my complaint relates to a closed BANK OF SCOTLAND account.

It does not apply to my Halifax Account which is being dealt with separately. I understand that you have confused the two accounts despite them both having separate account details. The Halifax account details being as follows: xxxxxxxxxxx

My request for information is for the closed BANK OF SCOTLAND account. During my call to you today, I was given the impression that you believe that I am asking to have the Halifax Account closed. I have given you no such instructions.

As far as I am concerned, you received my letter on the 14th April 2006, and you have 40 days in which to comply with my request. So unless I receive a satisfactory response from you by Tuesday 23rd May 2006, I will make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Regards,

=========================================

Anyway, I'm somewhat concerned that they may have lost the info. If they have then how on earth do I make a claim - I have absolutely no idea how much would have been taken from that account.

Signed: One hacked off Tinks :mad:

What a mess - it doesn't surprise me though. I can't see how they could lose records of an account when it's all held on the system. I mean, someone would have to hit the delete button to do that, and I'm sure they're not allowed to do that. I hope you get a decent response to your now re-sent letter Tink...:)

If you don't mind a suggestion Tinkerbelle, it's a really bad idea to do any of this on the phone. It looks like you got it sorted ok this time, but nothing beats bits of paper for confirming what was said, to whom, and when.

I don't mean this as a criticism by the way, just as a pointer for anyone else reading this post ('key learning' in management speak) ;-)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I don't usually speak to them on the phone. In fact I usually avoid it at all costs. I know how people lie, my memory is sometimes crap - so I prefer to communicate in writing, that way I have evidence and references.

However, on this occassion I wanted to know why they hadn't sent me the info, or why the cheque hadn't been cashed nearly 3 weeks after it had been sent. I now know why. They have so far received 1 letter, 3 emails, 1 fax and 1 telephone call. Unfortunately it was the telephone call that identified the problem.

Anyway, now that they have cashed the cheque, I'll just have to wait and see what turns up in the next week - and if they send me information for the Halifax Account - I swear to god................:mad:

A bunch of usesless bar-stewards, as they say.

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

These Bozo's are really beginning to get on my last nerve :mad:

Still nothing from them - yet they've cashed the cheque.

Have sent them a 4th chase today today advising them I will be emailing them every day, twice a day until they send me the info. :evil:

To**ers :mad:

Have been harassing these Clown's as per my email to them yesterday.

They will be receiving 2 emails a day every day until they respond with SOMETHING :mad:

Haven't even received an acknowledgement or anything from this lot.. not impressed.

Got home this eve and found a letter from the £$%*@# over at the BoS. Letter reads as follows:

===========================================================

Dear Miss xxxxx

Completion of Request for a List of Transactions and Charges - D/xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter requesting specific information on the above account.

I confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent to you under separate cover at the latest by 27th May 2006.

With regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention on your account, HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information, I am unable to assist you further.

Should you have any general account queries, please contact the 24 hour banking helpline on 08457 20 30 40 or if you have any data protection concerns relating to your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Details of how we use your data can be found on the Internet under Security and Privacy section at www.halifax.co.uk or www.bankofscotland.co.uk. If you would like a copy of the registered Data Protection Notification details, this can be found at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk. Alternatively, please let me know if you would like me to forward a copy of either to you.

I have enclosed a copy of our leaflet for your information, 'Personal Customer Complaints - Here's what we'll do'.

Yours sincerely,

Adam Schofield

Data Protection Consultant

Business Risk - Retail

Direct Line: 01422 332 991

==============================================

Now I am assuming that they could argue that Manual Intervention has taken place, but they do not record it, and therefore do not have to prove it???:confused:

You are NOT going to believe this....I certainly didn't.

Got home last night to 16 envelopes from Halifax. Did my chores and then organised myself with highlighter, pen and paper to go through the 74 pages of statements.

They've only gone and sent me statements for the Halifax Account and not the closed Bank of Scotland 14.gif. This is despite me sending them 2 letters, 9 emails and one fax. I mean how hard can it be? :mad:

Letter below sent.

==============================================

Sent by: FAX, EMAIL, RECORDED DELIVERY POST

Adam Schofield

Data Protection Consultant

Business Risk – Retail

HBOS plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Mr Schofield

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxx/

Roll No.: xxxxx

I am writing in response to your letter dated 10th May 2006 with the reference xxxxx.

I would like to draw your attention to the enclosed copy of letters that have been sent to your organisation regarding the DPA Request for the above account.

It is clearly stated in these letters, the name of the account for which the information is required. I will reprint it here again for you.

Bank of Scotland Account (closed)

Sort Code: xxxxxxxx

Account: xxxxxxxxx

Roll No: xxxxxxxx

Name of Account Holder: xxxxxxxx

In your letter you have said that you are sending me duplicate statements for account xxxxxxxx.

I already have these statements for which I have paid £5.00, so you have now taken a total of £15.00 from me for information that is incorrect.

I am struggling to understand what is so confusing about my instructions to you, so I will bullet point them for you.

• Send a list of charges and evidence of manual intervention relating to account Roll Number: xxxxxxxx Sort Code: xxxxxx Account Number: xxxxxxx. You have 7 days in which to provide this information.

• Return the £5.00 that I paid for the duplicate Halifax Statements from account xxxxxxx as the £10 cheque that I sent you will cover the information requested for the above detailed account as well as xxxxxxxx.

I have also taken this opportunity to attach a copy of the last statement I received from you for the above mentioned account.

I trust that this is now clear, and that I will not have to ask again.

Regards,

Interesting that they say that they're not obliged to record manual interventions. They don't say that manual interventions don't happen, just that they don't have to record them. If they did record them, then presumably these records would be covered by the DPA, which means it will be nigh on impossible for them to rely on any 'manual intervention' argument in the future.:)

No. The ICO gives an opinion, which carries a lot of weight if you then decide to sue. In practice, it would be a brave data controller who would go into court in the face of an ICI opinion. They only tend to do that when it's a really big issue.

So me complaining to the Information commissioner for non compliance - what does it achieve exactly?

It looks as though I will have to report these cowboys at the HBoS. They have until next week Tuesday to comply with my DPA request :mad:

I think an ICO ruling is important, and carries a lot of weight. Essentially, it means that the argument's over.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks