Query re charges I can claim back

jax1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got my 6 years worth of statements back from RBS, but how can I tell if the charges on the statements are ones I can claim back for? Is it just unpaid chq charges/unpaid DD charges and charges for going over your OD limit that you can claim for? Help!

Sorry if I'm being thick, but new to all this, and couldnt find the answer on the site anywhere.

Thanks.

Any charges - just not service costs etc - so if you had one of those accounts were a fee is paid each month regardless, that would not be covered.

Everything else is.

However, it seems as though you have not read through the FAQ section thoroughly - this really is vital but will pay dividends as your case progresses to each of the next stages.

Good luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Jax,

As Jonni says, you absolutely MUST read the FAQs and other information to be completely certain of what you are doing.

You can claim for everything on your statements that is not a justifiable service fee, or justifiable interest:

Claim:

• Penalty Charges applied to your account. This is for exceeding overdrafts, referral/representation of DD’s and SO’s, cancellation of DD’s and SO’s, card misuse charges - the list is long!
  • Interest charged to your account for any of the above
  • When the interest is applied to the penalty charges, then this interest should be included
  • If your transaction history identifies what interest is applied for what reason, then be honest about the amount you request
  • If the interest is not itemised, then claim for ‘Interest Charges,’ and the onus will be on the bank to demonstrate the proportion they are entitled to

Don't Claim:

• Agreed fees, such as £5 monthly overdraft arrangement fee
  • Interest 'proper' - this is normal interest on the amount you are overdrawn
  • Any concept of costs or time at this time
  • Interest other than that which appears on your statements
  • Interest at 8% APR (that comes when you raise your claim at court)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks guys. I've read and reread the FAQs this morn - still not sure what I am doing, but will pour over my statements this weekend and try and make some sense of it all.

:confused:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks