Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Unhappy Bank of Scotland - SAR rejected

I've been trying to claim 1432 bank charges back from Bank of Scotland and was initially offered 120 which I rejected, they then offered 360 which I again rejected and then advised would accept a recalculation of charges at 12 each (which was offered by my credit card company) meaning I would accept a refund of 868.00 which they have now refused, stating their previous offers are now withdrawn and they will not refund any charges.

Considering taking them to court now and, before doing this, have sent a Subject access requesticon asking them to advise of all instances where there has been any manual intervention on my account. They have now replied advising they are "under no statutory obligation to record this information and, therefore, are unable to assist further with your request".

They have added they are sending copies of duplicate statements separately (a bit pointless as I keep all copies of my statements, hence how I was able to calculate the charges applied over the past 5 years in the first place).

Can anyone advise if this sounds correct - that they would not keep a record of any manual intervention on my account?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Bank of Scotland - SAR rejected

Hi ally7770,

I got this letter as well. I assume since charges are not shown as "manual intervention" on statements the duplicate statements will still show any charges over the 5 year period. Manual Intervention I take as being if they have refunded charges to your account manually...can anyone else confirm if this is correct??

Thanks.

Bank of Scotland (In Scotland)

S.A.R. sent - 03/11/06
    Statements received - 30/11/06
    Prelim Letter sent - 04/12/06
    LBA Sent - 09/01/07
    1st claim filed at Sheriff Court (720+int) - 01/02/07
    1st Claim settled by BoS (1037) - 17/04/07
    2nd Claim filed at Sheriff Court (735+int) - 11/05/07
    2nd Claim settled by BoS (977) - 13/06/07
    Follows
    Following

Believe it or not "no manual intervention" is a good thing. It simply means that an actual person didn't have to do anything manually on your account. This means that the charges they impose should be lower as no-one has had to do anything...does that make sense lol
    Ally if you have already sent the letter before actionicon then I would issue a court claim straight away. There is no reason at all to wait any longer as they have made it quite clear they aren't going to give you the full amount.

Good luck.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by killbi11 View Post
    Hi ally7770,

I got this letter as well. I assume since charges are not shown as "manual intervention" on statements the duplicate statements will still show any charges over the 5 year period. Manual Intervention I take as being if they have refunded charges to your account manually...can anyone else confirm if this is correct??

Thanks.
    A log of manual interventions would allow the bank to argue that the charges they impose are rightfully expensive since they have had to pay someone to 'manually' examine and adjust something in your account. We all know that inverventions are computerised and therefore cheaper.

Beleive me when I say that no manual interventions is a good thing.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, 2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear
    Follows
    Following

This means they will give you your list of charges, but not discuss "manual intervention". If / When it gets to court we all ask for "standard disclosure" becasue this means the banks have to disclose this information.

Something they don't want to do, and why so far all cases have been settled.

Good Luck
    Hope this helps
    AL

Thanks for the replies, going ahead with claim now.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details