Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    cashme01 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default RBS offer

I received a lettericon from RBSicon on Friday in response to my letter before actionicon offering me the full amount for the charges on my old credit card but refusing to offer me either the interest I've asked for or the return of my 10 Subject Access Fee. They actually enclosed a cheque for 364 in the post. What should I do? The interest at 8% which I asked for - the standard amount I could claim for in court amounted to 166 so this is a substantial amount of money. The reason they gave for not offering it suggested they misunderstood what I was asking for, despite my having included a schedule showing the charges and interest. The letter stated that I had incorrectly worked out the amount I had been charged for interest on the fees and they were giving me that back - about 3 - whereas I was actually asking them for my interest on the money I would have had if they hadn't have charged me, if you get my drift. I am entitled to ask for this aren't I? And for the subject access fee? Can someone confirm just before I reply? I want to be sure I've got my facts right.

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder
    cashme01 Novitiate

Default Re: RBS offer

Further to this, I've just been reading that you can only apply the 8% interest once you file a court claim, not at the letter before actionicon stage. Does this mean then, that if RBSicon has settled the charges in full but has refused the 8% interest and Subject Access that I have no right to take them to court for the interest? Seems strange that the Court says I'm entitled to it but I can't ask for it if the bank settles the charges before the court claim. Can someone clarify this please?

Basic Account Holder
    cashme01 Novitiate

Can someone help with this? I just need confirmation that you can only apply for 8 % interest at court claim stage - why is this?

Also, can i

Basic Account Holder
    cashme01 Novitiate

Can someone help with this? I just need confirmation that you can only apply for 8 % interest at court claim stage - why is this?

Also, can I only ask for the subject access fee at court claim stage?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Quote Originally Posted by cashme01 View Post

Also, can I only ask for the subject access fee at court claim stage?
    You can only claim the 8% at the court stage because thats what the court say you are entitled to so under Sect 69 courts act.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details