• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Motability Fraud

bottomburp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have repeatedly reported fraudulent use of a Motability car to Motability. The Motability car is being used by a woman (who is not the disabled person) for her personal use - running errands, taking her child to school, shopping etc. Things that are not for the benefit of the disabled person.

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is there any organisation that investigates Motability for aiding and abetting Motability fraud?

I have tried reporting it to Motability - many times. My question is who do I report Motability to for aiding and abetting fraud? Is there an ombudsman?

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

she is probably the/a nominated driver?

it could well be for the benefit of the disabled person.

i'e if she didn't do this or that the disabled person would have to travel with her ..better they stay at home

thus they are benefitting from that rather than suffering unnecessary travelling.

things like this ive questioned with Motability lots of times and never had an issue with what I have described a nominated driver wanted to do.

was told its not an issue.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't mean to be rude but please read what I have said in my earlier posts. I have not asked for your interpretation of the Motability rules / how they are applied. My very simple question is: is there a higher authority I can complain to about Motability as they are encouraging fraud in this particular instance.

Edited by bottomburp

It's not fraud.

I used to have a motability car because i was a carer for an older friend.

I used the car for 2 years until he passed away and he only came in the car twice.

The motability scheme is for the wider benefit of a disabled or vulnerable person.

I was sceptic at first but the council officials insisted on me filling the application because i was doing his shopping, helping with some cooking and cleaning and keeping him company.

To do this i needed a car and because it was partly for his benefit, i was entitled to it.

So, anyone seeing me with a motability car (no particular marking, so don't know how anyone would know) would think i was sc@mming the system.

Same could be said for the woman you want to grass out.

At king12345 - not relevant.

Now, back to the question: is there a higher authority I can complain to about Motability as they are encouraging fraud.

Well if you taken time to read the bottom of the link I provided...

Motability Operations Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference number 735390.

Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Now, back to the question: is there a higher authority I can complain to about Motability as they are encouraging fraud.

No because they are doing nothing wrong.

Motability makes the rules

If they are happy .

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I can see where you are coming from but that is with the little information that you have provided.

Do I agree with it NO as said "little information" we need a summary of how you have reached this conclusion from start till now.

Question: Are you specifically asking about the Motability Vehicle only or with the Blue Badge use as well? (I know you have asked about the motability vehicle but just to clarify a Blue Badge is not involved as well)

Couple of links:

https://www.motability.co.uk/information-for-customers/cars-and-wheelchair-accessible-vehicles-customer-area/your-agreement-named-car-drivers

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact-and-support/faqs/what-information-do-i-need-to-give-to-add-a-driver

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact-and-support/faqs/can-someone-else-drive-for-me

https://www.motability.co.uk/about-the-scheme/how-your-car-can-be-used/

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact-and-support/faqs/do-i-have-to-be-in-the-car-when-it-is-being-used

https://www.motability.rsagroup.co.uk/policy-who-can-drive-your-car.html

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

At king12345 - not relevant.

No, but if it is stopping you sleep at night, you could always raise it with your MP.

Owing to how the scheme works, there will always be misuse of the scheme, it would be counter productive to check every trip to make ensure it was done to benefit the disabled person and how would they prove the trip wasn't benefiting the disabled person?

Not every trip needs to be for the disabled benefit.

As said, i used to care for a friend and visited him every other day.

I was using the motability car mainly for myself and it is allowed.

They even let me keep the car for a few months after my friend passed away despite me notifying them immediately.

Op, complain to the government and see if you can convince them to make the scheme for sole and exclusive use of disabled/vulnerable.

Good luck.

And i just found this in my inbox:

"I don't understand why you think answering my question with your situation is relevant Please don't muddy the waters with irrelevance. I have posted a question and your particular circumstances - though quite fascinating I am sure - are of no interest to me in this particular instance whatsoever."

This is an open forum where people discuss things so many can benefit.

If you want an answer that you like, pay someone and make them giving you the answers you want.

For the time being we keep contributing with opinions, links and personal experience which all help understand how to address many problems.

In your case, as you want i straight answer, it's a matter of revenge that you want against a woman you don't like or has done something to upset you.

Most likely she's entitled to the motability but you want to cause her trouble.

So the answer is another question: what has this woman done to you?

@ Andyorch: Thank you. That is helpful. I have asked Motability who regulates them and they have refused to answer. I will take this up with the Financial Ombudsman.

@ dx100uk: Motability ask for fraud to be reported to them. They say they take fraud seriously but we all know what happens when organisations self-regulate...

@ stu007: I have read the Motability rules and it is quite clear that Motability cars are not supposed to be used in the way this one is. The woman who is using the Motability car fraudulently is also using the blue badge when the disabled person is not present.

@tomtom256: Our MP tells us he is totally shocked by Motability and it is well know Motability is one of the worst frauds there is - he also tells us there is nothing he can do about it. If you pay taxes and are happy for them to be stolen by benefit cheats that is entirely up to you - I do not share your view.

@ king12345: It was a simple question. An open forum is only informative if the question is answered. Anyone searching for the same information as I am is not interested in reading pages and pages of personal opinion / circumstance. They, like me, just seek the answer to the original question.

I now have the answer to my question, thank you Andyorch.

You should focus on the blue badge being used inappropriately rather than the motability.

If this woman is the carer of the disabled then she's most likely entitled to it and can use the car whenever and wherever she wants.

The blue badge misuse could be your weapon to get her as it's clear that's what you want.

As the OP has now got the answer to the initial post I see no point in this thread going any further.

Thread now closed.

Regards

Andy