Sold me the wrong insurance

MosEne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people, I am new on this forum so please have patience with me.

Last year I was searching for insurance for my girlfriend's car so I went on money supermarket or confused (can't remember exactly which one ) I put the details on there HER being the policyholder and me as named driver on policy with the option for business miles everything ok i got quotes from a lot of companies and we have chosen GoSkippy from the whole list, made the papers put down details for direct debit insurance went on and i though I have a business insurance but I was mistaken.

The problems started yesterday when she changed the workplace and the new company asked her for business insurance (she is a career). I phoned the company to ask them to put her also on the business insurance and then i had the surprise when they told me she has the business insurance, not me.

I told them that they give me a quote for the business insurance for the named driver, not for the policy owner and they told me that they don't do business insurance for the named driver only for the policy owner and they gave the policyholder a phone call (after 2-3 month we made the policy) but no one answered, and they indeed acknowledged that they had the initial proposal with business miles for the named driver but they changed that and they dint told us.

I asked the lady what was happening if the police caught me without the business insurance and they impound the car and she told me i with be to blame.I asked for a cancelation of the insurance she said ok but i have to pay some cancelation fees , and i told her i with not pay because its not my fault either they put me also on the insurance with business miles or cancel for free the insurance and she told me that neither one of my options are available. What options do i have here? Because apparently, i lose either way. Thank You

PS : The lady from the phone aknoleged that the conversation is recorded and that they changed the original proposal with the new one without informing us.

PS: Please excuse my writing, i am a foreigner i am learning now how to properly write in English. Thank you again for your patience.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Send them an sar. also, read our customer services guide and implement the advice they before you have any telephone calls again.

When you get the information back from the sar come back here

Go Skippy should be avoided. Just search online for reports of people having major problems with them.

As Bankfodder has advised, send them an SAR to obtain the original terms of Insurance they agreed to, when you bought the policy. If Go Skippy accepted that you as the named driver would have the business cover, then that is what the Insurance contract should have stated.

What has happened is that Go Skippy made a mistake in offering a policy with the named driver having the business cover and therefore they simply just changed it to being in the policyholders name. Go Skippy in realisiing the mistake should have contacted the policyholder to advise them and arrange to cancel the policy, without any cancellation fees applying.

You could also register an official complaint with Go Skippy in writing. If you check the policy documents sent to you, their should be a section related to complaints and who to write to. Do not phone any company, unless you record the phone call.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Can anyone tell me where i can find the SAR example from the forum? Because of the new template on the forum, I can't find it anymore. Last week i saw it on the post and i was able to click on it and i was redirected to the example form now i am unable. Thank you.

click the forums tab top left

cag library

data protection 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...