• Tweets

• Farooq v evri is the judgement you want in.   Do you have a copy of do you want me to upload it again here?
    • I have added the correct format for the court. Country Court ..... as it was on the letter today, other letter had the justice.... . That is on the unredacted copy sent to admins email.   Which Evri judgement, could you give me a steer? Wadhwa one?   It's not in dispute, bar that paragraph you picked up. I was looking at that one, and I do agree it's pointless. Thank you for your help.
    • Firstly, and sorry for not asking earlier but have you submitted your DQ yet?
    • As suggested by JK2054 I'll email Evri to their small claims email address, attaching the label and collection receipt and quoting the Money Claims ref number. Is there anything else in addition to sending the email I should do at this stage? Rgds, J
    • Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Arrows/Drydens PAP Letter - 1998 Shop Direct (Carval) debt - OH has been paying for me £1PCM ever since

markemarko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My wife has received a Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims from Drydensfairfax, for an old debt from 1998 at an old address.

Arrow recently started sending letters to our new address and continued despite being returned as not known at address.

They now appear to be instigating court proceedings.

Unfortunately I expect this is not outside the statute of limitations as I have been paying £1 per month by standing order since she defaulted in around 2000/2001 (from my account not hers). Whilst she is working, she is not in a position to pay it off as she is currently just managing to maintain her current credit.

Naturally we do not want a CCJ, ideally she is hoping to consolidate her current debt soon to help manage and prevent her credit status worsening.

I would really appreciate any advise you could offer, in particular could I ask:

- should I send the suggested CPR 31.14 request (as this seems to mention a specific court that has not yet been advised)?

- should I send the CCA request to Dydyenfairfax or Arrow?

- I have seen a Debt Prove it letter, would this be appropriate?

Also, I have listed below the details as suggested:

Name of the Claimant ? Drydensfairfax Solicitors/Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd

Date of issue – 04/02/2019

Date to acknowledge) - 09/03/2019

- We are instructed by our client, Arrow Global Guernsey Limited, in relation to the above debt. If you do not provide proposals to repay this debt, or respond as otherwise detailed in this letter and it's attachments, legal proceedings may be issued against you in the county court. If such proceedings do become necessary, further costs will be incurred for which you may be liable. The proceedings may then result in a county court judgement being entered against you which will be registered a the credit reference agencies and is therefore likely to affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Full details of the debt are set out below:

The amount owed is £702 and no charges/interest are being added at this stage

A statement of account is attached ---(an account summary showing only start balance (£823), total debits (£17), total credits (£138) current balance (£702)---

The agreement this debt relates to was entered into between you and Shop Direct (Carval) on xx/xx/1998 and assigned to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited on xx/xx/2011.

A copy of the agreement can be requested using the reply form. ---(should I do this also?----

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Don't know

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No

What is the total value of the claim? 702

Is the claim for - catalogue

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? before, it was 1998.

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Not on my copy, I don't know if deeper searches with linked addresses are any different, credit score is low but I thought this was due to current level of debts

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser, Arrow

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? probably but to a previous debt purchaser, it was back in 2011 when Arrow took over but we moved house in 2008

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes, around 2000/2001

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Don't know, possibly, but moved house in 2008 and only recently started receiving letters to new address

Why did you cease payments? Husband has maintained £1 per month standing order throughout, still paying unless their bank payment details have changed

What was the date of your last payment? Feb 2019 unless their bank payment details have changed

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No, due to credit difficulties

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes and Yes

Many thanks again in anticipation of any advice you can offer.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

So you have been paying this - And they have taken legal action anyway...

This could be rather entertaining infront of a judge...

Have they sent you any letters about payment details changing etc?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

retitled and moved to the CAT forum

shame you've been blindly paying £1PCM all this time!!

hope you are not doing that on other debts?

all this has done is run the statute barred date to infinity allowing them to now go after you.

follow post 4 here

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice-1st-Oct-2017(2-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I dispute this debt because..urm ..this could be difficult

the bottom line is they'll never get a signed agreement for an old carval debt!!

so run the CCA ..when they fail the 12+2 working days time limit, you stop those payments.

p'haps simply put... I do not recognise this debt and was unaware my partner had arranged payment over the phone some years ago without my permission or knowledge.

might pay you to get an sar running to shop direct.

there is every chance this debt was already? statute barred before these fleecers spoofed payments too?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for this, will give it a go.

So there's no major issue with confirming the new address by doing so? (there are larger debts lurking in the background, I assume remaining so due to the maintenance of nominal payments as with the other)

you MUST inform ALL your creditors of a change of address

else, as what they are after...ignorance, you'll get a backdoor CCJ you know nothing about till bailiffs knock at your door!

as for the other debts

list them please

type of credit

original creditor

owner now

etc etc

and they

I would go furhter than DX, by not confirming your new address they have been emboldened to go to court as they know thta any paperwork will be dalayed even if you do get it and that puts you at a distinct disadvantage. they will also make this poijt in court, that you have deliberately given misleading information and that will mena that your otherevidence will be tainted

Thanks again for your time. I am sending the CCA letter now, should it go to Drydensfairfax, and do I also return the reply form (with perhaps BOX C "I don't know whether I owe the debt" ticked?

As for the SAR to Shop Direct, there is also a more recent active account with them for a current Very Catalogue, should I ask for the SAR to only be in relation to the old account number?

just do the sar numbers are not needed.

as for the PAP/CCA

all the instructions are in the link in post 6

your dispute reason is in post 7.

and they