style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dont see why theyd do that. Food will still be there. And its easy to grow your own, like a lot of people are doing. The villages near me have alotments, and they regularly sell their produce way cheaper than supermarkets to the locals.

its basically scaremongering.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I don't know anybody that's stocking up :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Good morning,old Tawnyowl here very busy preparing my cellar for items arriving.

New shelving fixed and preparations underway:-(

No Brexit shocks for me.

I’ve got cartons of passata, tinned tuna, carrots, potatoes, onions, pulses, water chestnuts, plum tomatoes, curry paste jars, coconut milk, tomato puree, rice, pasta, water, orange juice, squash, spaghetti hoops, soups, stews, tinned fruit, herbs and spices. I’ve also got a good amount of DIY tools, buckets, lightbulbs, matches, candles, firewood, bleach, Dettol, first-aid items and common medicines.

And plenty of seeds ready for planting after digging the garden.:sad:

Which as the African Plume arrives this week with temperatures closing in the 60s in February i may start the job then.

Naturally i have rotavator,petrol driven remembering a old chap saying to me when working on the land if it aint got a motor

forget it.

That should last a while,you never know.

And a guard dog just in case anyone fancies any of my stockpile of goods from around and about.

Got to protect yourself from the masses of angry ones that will be roaming around.:!:

Also bought a good few Emergency £295 Brexit Boxes containing 60 meals and 48 portions of freeze dried meat, as well as water filters
:whoo:

The country has gone mad stockpiling food for Brexit – project fear is in full swing

Brexit negotiations might lurch from one crisis to another, but citizens can sleep soundly over the coming days knowing that supplies of mini-Magnums have been protected. Unilever have announced they’ve stockpiled the ice cream along with crates and crates of Lynx and Sure deodorant. That’s one bit of really good news among the gloom. Post 29 March, we might be starving, unable to get a doctor’s appointment or buy petrol but we can go to work smelling sweet.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-no-deal-uk-stockpiling-food-supplies-project-fear-theresa-may-a8758561.html

Edited by Tawnyowl

Tawnyowl just popping in during a break from preparations for exiting Europe.

I must admit to not being the best at Brexit but read the Article 50 Discussion thread like a hawk.

It is here just in case some have not wandered that way before

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?470412-Article-50-Discussion

I can only say i feel a little disappointed with Politicians at the moment.Diplomatic statement,best i feel.

Very interesting link leading to the article honeybee13

I have just read it which brings me to another entrepreneurial adventure i have undertaken.Well it started last year really just in case.

As you know we in the Bear Garden like to keep a eye on each other make sure all is well.

So Old Tawnyowl planted thousands of Strawberry Plants last year,i started with one some time ago.

I was thinking of times past

many years ago
that European imports decimated my local area.

Tomatoes,Flowers,Cucumbers,Lettuces many generations of growers wiped off the map.

And they were the best tasting crops that could be grown anywhere in the world.

Knew how they were grown,water used absolutely top class.Tasty.

Picked and delivered sometimes the same day.

I have just realised i am telling one of my tales i do apologise,they appear from time to time.

Let me remember what i came in for,Strawberries,ah yes.

Do not worry about having top quality Strawberries as summer arrives and tennis is amongst our thoughts.

And if things go pear shaped with Brexit and the Spanish cannot provide fresh Strawberries.

Old Tawnyowl has it already worked out.Shortly i will be releasing the oldest tastiest British plants onto the market.

By summer time whether you live in a highrise with a balcony or a mansion in the sticks you could be picking the strawberries from plant to plate in one minute flat.

Naturally there are costs involved and back breaking work:-( but they will appear in certain popular places.

I cannot tell you where,they sell out pretty fast usually but will soon be out there.

Just letting you know not to worry to much we will cope.

Especially if a pound or two is to be made :madgrin:

One more quick story,i am preparing for many things and working hard as i ever have.

A strange thing happened the other day.Usual 12 hour working day.I was watering some plants in the house i have a few hundred here and there.

This is a true story but will let you decide whether true.

Tired out and my glasses are a little old.

Difficult to see and the light was bright.

I was only watering the shadows of the plants not the plants themselves,can you believe such a thing.

Definitely should have gone to Specsavers

Bye for now,Prepare and Plan look after yourselves who else really cares.

Tawnyowl.

Edited by Tawnyowl

Short answer - no we're not stocking up for brexit

Long answer - we have a cupboard full of can goods anyway simply because you never know, floods, snow, brexit or simply angry midgits on pogo sticks we're prepared

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I remember the fuel protests in 2000, and how long it took for the shops to run out. My guess is, this time things will carry on as normal if there is no deal . Nothing as dramatic as looting, riots etc, but maybe 20% on a weekly shopping bill over a couple of years, due to increased customs overheads and a weaker pound.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You may be right, but during those 40 years, supply chains have become more complicated and reliant on the single market, just in time etc! (Not arguing if this is right or wrong). The problem is a sudden breaking off, after 4 decades, that's what people are afraid of.

It's like a class at school, bringing in Lego bricks from home all year, to build a massive house. Then at the end one kid having a screaming tantrum that he wants his bricks back.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

So the kids should bring their own to replace the ones removed...never be dependant on someone elses bricks:wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

In the event of a hard Brexit, then in all likelihood we move on to WTO rules. Food is likely to attract a tariff of about 10% and dairy products 35%, which is going to make life more expensive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45112872

If we become a small negotiating partner, large trading countries are going to make us sign worse deals than we currently have through the EU, Japan is one example.

Illegitimi non carborundum

On 2/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, honeybee13 said:

According to the farmers' union, the UK is about 60% self-sufficient.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/uk-only-60-self-sufficient-in-food-394077

I would have thought that if we keep the food we produce instead of sending it to Europe, then this will correct, HB.  I think supermarkets and the like are encouraging panic buying - you only have to notice shopper habits when there is a bank holiday and the likelihood of a store closing for more than 24 hours to give their staff a break lol. 

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The disruption that may occur is because of the immediate untangling, and possible collapse of 40 years worth of integrated, complex supply chains. None of this was addressed in the pre referendum debate, instead crap like Turkey joining the EU and bendy bananas were far more important and interesting.

Lol and as for taking back control and sovreignty , a quick glimpse at the owners of our Utilities, sewage, water, railways,  power generation shows our infrastructure is owned by foreigners, lock stock and barrel anyway.